Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

I bought KPM 1000cc injectors for that reason being flow matched and having all data provided. Sadly I bought B series injectors when I'm now going to be using an FG intake manifold! Washer spacers will have to do....

I've also still got "Eugene" injectors, drilled injectors from RDP (Dyno Steve lol) which Steve said were 60lb and a standard BA intank fuel pump with the fuel pressure relief grub screw mod....farking showing my age now!

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

I  put ID1000 in the F6 (for E85) and the 12 year old drilled injectors went into my territory.. Still idles and drives great..

• Like 1

• Member For: 20y 11m 26d

Tuning an unknown set of Injectors to perform well  is problably one of the best learning exercises you can undertake IMO. This is why I did it and while it was a bit of a headache, I am glad I did it. I still scratch my head with the data Nizpro supplied with their drilled injectors and how on earth their installers used that really off data. While the Nizpro Injectors don't look pretty in the pictures, they still did the job if tuned properly in their day.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

Yep, I've slowly been collecting parts for the F6X. Mostly second hand items apart from the fuel side of things which I'd prefer to buy new like the Bosch 1000cc and a Walbro 460 intank pump from VPW. Think I'll go an external surge setup also but just need to find a suitable surge tank....I've already been through one front diff so far also and this car is a kunt to work on!

• Member For: 11y 2m 15d

We have sign off on the Flex Fuel for the Falcon :bliss:

We have also added table resize so now you can have higher resolution on things like Spark MBT and BLK. Of course they get "Flexed" so the dual map version is the same size.

Will be released next week to customers. 

A big thank you to Danny at Springy Performance and Stathi at Independent Motor Sports.

Danny will be offering kits and config files to allow you to install it on your car.

Biggest win for me is the dual maps so that I can just switch between LPG and petrol and the PCM will use different, timing, fuel, ... This will be really handy for cars with NOS (wet or dry)

Check out Danny's video here:

• Like 6

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 26d

I have been watching this thread for a bit and I am not sure if I missed it or not.

Do you guys have a recommended Wide band gauge to use and what interface do you guys use to monitor it all when logging?

Do you guys have something like the HP tuners dongle?

• Member For: 9y 9m 19d

Everything you need to know is on our website and forum.

https://www.pcmtec.com

https://forum.pcmtec.com

We are still developing our datalogging system. We plan to support CAN and USB/Serial Widebands.

We support using an J2534 dongle for comms such as the Tactrix OpenPort, VCM2, Bosch GMI, VCX Nano etc.

• 2 weeks later...