Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 9y 11m 6d

@rollex and @DarrylC  did you guys anticipate the way PCMTech has grown over the space of the last say 12months?

The amount of support out there for what you guys are doing, not just from tuners & workshops, but customers and enthusiasts is incredible.

It almost seems like it is driving the development of the product. We (the customer) ask if something is possible and you guys just seem to make it happen (pretty quickly too).

• Like 1

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d

We knew the market was there but we had no idea how much take up we would get. Everything has gone pretty crazy in the last 2 months with about 40 workshops coming on board making it a viable business. We even had take up in NZ which we never even considered previously.

We also overestimated how difficult doing things like flex fuel might be, what Darryl has done recently has opened our eyes to what else is possible.

The workshops drive everything we do, all the UI updates and features are basically from workshop requests. End of the day our value proposition to them is to solve their problems that have previously gone unsolved. So this means they drive what we do next. We really have to thank the initial workshops who came on as our alpha testers as well, their feedback and patience was highly valued not to mention them plugging us on social media gave us a great kick start.

Edited by rollex
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 25d

@rollex Can you please advice what NZ workshops have been interested? I previously emailed you guys but I cant justify the cost as I wont be doing the tuning my self but love the features it has to offer.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

@tazzanz I can't answer your question but imho anyone who has used flash tuning software for the falcon should have no trouble using pcmtec. It has an easier layout, all of the same and more tunability as other brands and uses the same tuning principals.

Having used tunerpro and hp tuners for flashing different models of falcon and ohmomobiles, pcmtec felt very familiar to look through.

If your car was already tuned then it'd only need a touch up with pcmtec to dial in flex fuel and boost by gear etc. Some shops will do that and some only start from scratch.

Tl;dr Imho most shops will be able to use pcmtec without any trouble.

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d
54 minutes ago, tazzanz said:

@rollex Can you please advice what NZ workshops have been interested? I previously emailed you guys but I cant justify the cost as I wont be doing the tuning my self but love the features it has to offer.

They were conversion places mainly. I'll have a look and get back to you.

FYI everyone else we just updated our website with some of the Aussie tuners who are using our product as well. 

https://www.pcmtec.com/workshops

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 25d
42 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

@tazzanz I can't answer your question but imho anyone who has used flash tuning software for the falcon should have no trouble using pcmtec. It has an easier layout, all of the same and more tunability as other brands and uses the same tuning principals.

Having used tunerpro and hp tuners for flashing different models of falcon and ohmomobiles, pcmtec felt very familiar to look through.

If your car was already tuned then it'd only need a touch up with pcmtec to dial in flex fuel and boost by gear etc. Some shops will do that and some only start from scratch.

Tl;dr Imho most shops will be able to use pcmtec without any trouble.

Its almost worth me buying just for my own car and friends.

• Like 1