Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 26d

Far out man I should have looked a bit harder. I've bought several things from T.I Performance over the years and never had any problems. My tech edge wb is still going strong after 5 years!

Jason even helped me out with a modified xdf for my AU when I wanted to scale the injectors to run e85.

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2d
Thanks mate - we buy them direct from Tactrix (with genuine serial number) and have plenty in local stock for same day dispatch via Express Post at https://www.tiperformance.com.au/products/tactrix-openport-2-0-pcmtec-ecuflash/

Cheers,

Jason
No worries. Have bought a few things from you guys and service and price has always been excellent.

I expect I'll be sniffing around for a pump and injectors for the FG soon
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d

To confirm....the xcal3 device does not work with PCMTec?
I'm about to buy the Tactrix from T.I.Performance if the xcal3 doesn't so what else can I buy from them so the missus can spew her tits off at me!?
What brand are most using for a wide band AFR sensor with gauge? Innovate? Links please as I'm on zero sleep, 8 coffees and haven't hit buyers remorse yet!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

My innovate is getting on 8 years. I replaced the sensor once cos it got flooded by an o ring failure.

10 minutes ago, bjc said:

what else can I buy from them so the missus can spew her tits off at me!?

Haha head over to Goleby's and pick up a new turbo kit. 

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d
Yeh I just thought that because you can plug an xcal3 into the OBD2 port AND log through it from a laptop that the xcal3 would have the J2534 chip internally so effectively you're bypassing the xcal3 software using the PCMTec software piggybacking through it....but obviously not

• Member For: 9y 10m 17d

J2534 is a software standard rather than a hardware implementation, there is absolutely no reason why an XCAL couldn't implement it, the fact is they just don't. Same goes for a HPTuners dongle, they could fairly easily implement a J2534 windows driver if they thought there was a market for it. I know people have asked about it on their forums, their answer was "yes its possible" and that was about it haha.

Edited by rollex

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 12d

For those interested in the Flex Fuel for the Falcon it should be delivered to our two testers tomorrow. At this stage it is only running in my car and I am still optimizing the final version of the code whilst Roland adds some really neat features to the editor to support it. Basically the code works by reading the Flex Fuel sensor for a % ethanol reading and then uses different blend rams for things like Stoich MBT, cold start table, spark and boost. Bend tables can be changed individually for each table and I have added a few custom ones for fun. Here is the sample of what we have included in the Flex tables:

image.thumb.png.ae84aa5e736822868e9aa0702faec3ef.png

Our testers (IMS and Springy Performance) will be getting a more friendly version, this was only to show yo some of what is in there.

• Like 5

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Looks like I'll be adding an ethanol content sensor to the list. I never bothered before cos it only takes a few flashes to guess a good enough tune when swapping over. 

This will allow for much more precise tuning and obviously not having to retune with varying blends. 

Haha the excitement kinda feels like xmas!

• Like 1