Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 19y 9m 26d

HP Tuners has not done the 6 speed auto yet. From what I have gathered the US HP Tuner, whether you buy it from US, ebay or Aust is all the same product.

It is the same product but you wont get the software to do the box and to be honest I dont want it. When the time comes I want boost fuel ignition and changing some sensor thresholds to allow the car to raise boost without a hissy fit.

Stav

I have the innovate lm1 kit from my last car. It monitors air fuel via wideband with tps and rpm with several other inputs to 5 volts to monitor other copmonents. Before I tuned my last car I bought books on tuning frequented forums on tuning and then and only then attempted to tune. I dont want to go into to detail how I tuned but I can say that it takes alot of care in the beggining especially in a high compression or turbo car. Tune idle to 14.7 then be conservative in boost then gently check your data and adjust. Personally I will strip timing out and run it to a richer setting and work from there. I am not familiar with the vcm software but for the home tuner seems sufficient to alter the basics which I need to do the job. I have also thought about installing a haltech as I had on my last car because at the end of the day it does the job and I find it easy to tune.Unfortunately haltech dont provide support for the fg so the vcm it will be.The only thing I will need for the lm1 in the fg is a tach adapter to run it. In saying that the vcm allows a wideband to be connected eliminating its need.. So the vcm can map rpm tps and wideband air fuel sensor readout to provide accurate reliable info. It makes the haltech and lm1 not not needed to tune as it is a complete package but see how we go in the future with adding the wideband into the computer

Edited by useless

How can I change my username? Id like to change it to stav.

Bpt book looks good. A google search will dig up some great books in tuning a car also some good points on how to tune is on the net. The secret is be very careful

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Has anyone downloaded a stock FG FPV turbo file that HP Tuner can read. I'd be interested to see the settings on these as they run a larger injector than the std turbo.

I sent you a stock fg f6 a6 file.

Your welcome by the way