Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• GONE FULL WIZARD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 22d

Can I data log mine using HP Tuners with the SCT tune, last time on the dyno for sh*ts and giggles it played around, it's doesn't seem to be the tune but something to do with the engine, generally seems fine on the road but it hasn't been taken to ten/tenths on the road to see if it replicates it in the real world. It seemed to stop at 5000rpm for a few seconds then went again, the graph looked as wavey as a choppy day at the lake, didn't log it while on the dyno because we were just playing around on a friday night. The only thing that has been changed since the tune 3.5 years ago was the diff ratio from 2.73 standard ZF ratio to 3.46 BA 4Speed ratio, would the ratio change mess with the tune, in my experience no but that is mostly NA V8 Commodores. that's the only physical part change but maybe my engine is getting tired, 07 BFII F6 84,000km's been tuned since 33,000km's. It showed a lot more torque in the midrange than my mates 6L VX with heaps of work and has 15 more rwkw's than me. Pushing 17psi in the mid.

Edited by Foon

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d

hey ralph, sent you pm but have not received anything... wheres the love?

Tonight I will sit down and send out some stock tunes to the people that have asked for them. Been a bit busy with work Paulie

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

xcal3 can't log the ford specific PIDs aka direct memory requests for the BA and you have to use an xcal2.

Can I data log mine using HP Tuners with the SCT tune, last time on the dyno for sh*ts and giggles it played around, it's doesn't seem to be the tune but something to do with the engine, generally seems fine on the road but it hasn't been taken to ten/tenths on the road to see if it replicates it in the real world. It seemed to stop at 5000rpm for a few seconds then went again, the graph looked as wavey as a choppy day at the lake, didn't log it while on the dyno because we were just playing around on a friday night. The only thing that has been changed since the tune 3.5 years ago was the diff ratio from 2.73 standard ZF ratio to 3.46 BA 4Speed ratio, would the ratio change mess with the tune, in my experience no but that is mostly NA V8 Commodores. that's the only physical part change but maybe my engine is getting tired, 07 BFII F6 84,000km's been tuned since 33,000km's. It showed a lot more torque in the midrange than my mates 6L VX with heaps of work and has 15 more rwkw's than me. Pushing 17psi in the mid.

Re-tune time if you have changed the diff ratio :-)

• Like 1

• Member For: 20y 11m 28d

I just ordered VCM pro from this ebay site, being delivered from US for $US700.

http://cgi.ebay.com....em=200588303550

And yes he said it supports our Aussie Ford Turbos.

It might be a mistake as I am sure the Australian VCM does provide some support whereas I dont see this ebay guy giving any support.

Nevertheless its Sunday afternoon and a purchase on ebay or online is just a few clicks away, I just couldn't be bothered waiting till Monday to ring up the Aust VCM suite, just too hard.

Edited by turbotrana

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 24d

Yeah with an xcal3, if the supplier enables user adjustments then you can do it yourself. Otherwise HPT is another option if you want to expand on things.

Supplier as In Tuner, Or supplier as in person I bought it from.. Shame I got it off eBay if that's the case

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 7d

I just ordered VCM pro from this ebay site, being delivered from US for $US700.

http://cgi.ebay.com....em=200588303550

And yes he said it supports our Aussie Ford Turbos.

It might be a mistake as I am sure the Australian VCM does provide some support whereas I dont see this ebay guy giving any support.

Nevertheless its Sunday afternoon and a purchase on ebay or online is just a few clicks away, I just couldn't be bothered waiting till Monday to ring up the Aust VCM suite, just too hard.

Hey mate, I think they may still give you support since at the end of the day it is their product. The ebay seller may be an authorised re-seller or distributor. If so its all good.

Edited by Paulie2256