Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

you are correct, and in rereading my reply to Turbotrana, its confusing. Most people would copy the installed SCT tune, Flash back to stock with x-cal, the flash the original SCT tune back in with HPT.

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

Are you talking about getting a Ford dealer to reflash to stock, reflashing it back to the stock tune with the Xcal 3 cant be done or can be done but presents problems.

So then I would have to put stock injectors back in, reflash back with the Xcal3 then drive to ford to get them to reflash to stock again. Then put my big injectors in and start tuning with HP Tuner.

Edited by turbotrana

• Member For: 13y 2m 10d

I think the idea is to dump (copy) both stock and Xcal3 performance tunes from the car with VCM to your pc or laptop and then return the car to stock with the Xcal3 and you re-insert either tune, or a modded tune using VCM?

You will need to cycle through each tune in the vehicle with the Xcal3 so you can back them up one at a time with VCM.

Once the stock tune is returned to the car the Xcal3 is ready for sale if desired (that's how I understand it anyway :))

Here is the link relating to open loop.... http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/79132-car-tuned-at-cms-very-happy/

Edited by riptide

• GONE FULL WIZARD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 22d

Copy Custom Tune Using HPT

Reflash to Stock with SCT

Reflash Custom Tune with HPT.

Tune car.

I was told we can't do that, we were told that we would either have to run the car back to Ford for a ECU reflash or remove the ECU and send it off to be erased and reflashed with a factory tune (at a cost obviously). Even when the stock tune is reflashed back in to the cars ECU using the Xcal it still has the SCT tell tales about which stops HPT from flashing it. This is exactly what we were told by VCM/Autotechnique.

I would be interested to know if this scenario actually works for you Ralph if you have done it.

We were also told we can't use the old SCT file to tune the car with either, basically had to start from scratch.

I am very interested in other people's actual dealings with this tuning swap over if anybody has actually done it.

Edited by Foon

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

Have done, worked fine mate.

EDIT: when where you told that? 2.23 had some issues with checksum errors when reading/writing over a sct tuned car. 2.24XXX has had these issues fixed.

EDIT#2: I dont have access to an SCT car that wants a HPT tune currently but if you ask mr toads nicely he may be able to run a test. He has both SCT and HPT and could test it out.

• Like 1

• GONE FULL WIZARD
  • Donating Members

3-4 weeks ago we were told this as we were going to have a play so we rang Autotechnique as they are the distributor and whom my mate has a great report with, my F6 was/is going to be a test mule for my mate and possibly down the track for me to learn on also. We were told HPT couldn't even read the SCT flash file let alone flash over it. mmmm.... very interesting Ralph, thanks for that info as we may give it a go, as it is my daily at the moment we really didn't want to try something that rendered the car disabled until we had a fix.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

I can 100% confirm that I have read and flashed sct tuned cars. All being ba/f cant comment on FG's tho. Trolling the HPT forum it is an Issue that exists with SCT tuned GM's But not Fords to my knowledge.

I picked up a 2nd hand pcm for my car and that had also been tuned by "something" Injector scaling and timing maps had been changed, I was able to read it, write to it and also write my cars vin to it with HPT.

• Like 2

• GONE FULL WIZARD
  • Donating Members

Your all good Ralph if you say you have done it then it can be done, we were only going on what we were told by them, we were hoping we could read it and then re use the same tune back into the car using HPT and then go from there, It will be something we will have a play with when we have some time here.

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

I checked VCM Suite Australia to do an online purchase but no online stuff for the MPVI Proffessional from what I can see. Did you guys just ring them up. I think I have forgotten how to ring as I only do online purchases now.

Or do you buy it from the HpTuners US website for $649. Their online store seems pretty sorted.

So whats the go.

• Like 1