Hybrid Turbo Secrets

Jeremy

• Member For: 15y 11m 16d

All,

I'm looking into turbo upgrade for my FG F6, and have noticed these hybrid turbos are getting some good feedback lately in comparison to the gtx3582 and pte turbos. Some of these turbos are achieving high 9's with supporting mods (500rwkw)

Now a lot of shops are keeping tight lipped on the actual specs, which I think is sort of weird because if you buy something you expect to know the finer details of what your actually purchasing.

Other than buying one and pulling it apart, can someone give me the quick run down on what they are modding, and what base turbo they are using? PM me if needed.

I'd rather make an well informed choice before spending 3-4k on a turbo upgrade.

Cheers fellas

• Member For: 17y 10m 2d

Some of the turbo's these days are raving about how much power they can produce and still retain factory turbo like spool, but no one has shown a dyno sheet that I have seen showing this with rpm labels on it or even an over lay of the 2 different turbo's, it would be great if they are that good but most things are a compromise

• Like 1

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 7d

There's a huge benefit to builders not telling you specs. It's not different to say a recipe. They don't want everyone knowing because they have the upper hand if they have worked something out everyone else hasn't. That's their reasoning. I just bought one of these turbos, and I'll be more than happy to do an overlay to a stock fg turbo to show you the difference.

But as ratter said some guys are making some big claims with nothing to really back it up. You can't say you have the power of a gtx 45 with fg spool, it doesn't happen. Work out your power goals, then go for something that size. Research what is the most responsive.

Personally I don't see any reason to run above 450rwkw on the street. That is more than enough to get you in trouble and pin you in your seat with the right tune and Tyres.

Sorry for ranting on, may have had a few to drink today haha. They usually change the front wheel to a billet 11 wheel, different tip lengths, etc. machining of front housings, different bearings and what not.