Fg Xr6T Mk2 Bad Fuel Consumption

• Member For: 9y 7m 4d

Ive had a few suggestions in my thread when I had this issue. firstly I recommend resetting your trip computer .

Secondly, get on the freeway, get to 100km/h and set your cruise, then flick your trip meter to instant fuel consumption meter, check the read out

thirdly if youre doing short burst trips and continually letting your car cool right off then starting it cold youll see it uses more on cold start . Start the car cold and show your instant fuel usage on the trip , allow to idle till the engine hits operating temperature , then youll see it should drop from 4-5l/hr to about 2.2l/hr.... turbo fords dont like stop starts driving and it will be way less economical for city driving ot routes with lots of traffic lights etc.

(please note only on idle will your instant fuel usage read in litres per hour - once youre driving it will record in litres per 100kms)

hope this helps

Ive been told aftermarket thermostats that crap themselves and 02 sensors can be a culprit also.

• Member For: 9y 7m 4d

that's pretty much their economy mate , anywhere from 11.8 all the way to 19.... mines sitting at 22 .4 ... fun times :S

depends how you drive , do u get in the accelerator hard at take off? these cars are a bit heavier than jap cars, if youre cruising a lot they wont guzzle but continually getting them going from a standstill is where its gonna use most.... that and of course on boost. try taking off a bit lighter on take off, see how you go

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 13d

I've said it before and I'll say it again

Get the Fuel Log app (android) or whatever the iphone equivalent is and use that................