New Car, 2012 Xr6T Big Radiator, Oil Line, Oil Cooler, Transmission Co

Pedja

• Member For: 11y 5m 16d

Hey guys,

After 3 years of waiting to get off my P's I got a 2012 fg xr6t auto 59,000kms Kinetic blue.

What the best thing is, I now have two fgs, both the same year, same month build, same day, and they were both sent out on the same day!!! Same colour, but ones auto turbo ones manual na

Anyways, I'd like to thank the people here for the info over the years for helping me find all the things I need for my NA haha

Now, with the new car, it has a 3 year warranty, $5000 cover on anything that goes. In my mind I want to stop anything from happening, and the first thing that comes to mine is oil and transmission...

Whats the best oil line to turbo feed to get? I heard earls is good, but what about intune?

Also a oil cooler, I've seen some f6's running around with them on the front but I don't know the power they are making, remember my car is stock power, but I just want to keep it live for aslong as possible and have less trouble with it till I can get a engine/trans/turbo rebuild/forged etc.

Bigger radiator, PWR are selling a 24mm alum radiator for around $700

Also a transmission cooler? is it better to go to ford and get one? or aftermarket? I have no idea on these, since I've driven manual all this time and not had one problem with it.

thanks in advance guys!!! thanks again for all the help these last 3 years.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 30d

Is your warranty a genuine Ford extended warranty? I'm guessing with the 5k limit you're talking about an aftermarket warranty (I.e. one sold through dealership networks). If that's the case just make sure you find a good dealer and confirm whether servicing needs to be done through someone in their network. I was skeptical about mine, but very happy I've done it (although I pay $200 more per service, I've claimed 7k worth of parts + labour over the last 2 years....so well worth the $1650 outlay lol).

Also I would stick to earls filter....I'm not sure if the intune ones are just the same and they have put their logo on? (or whether its a china made copy with their brand on it). I've had an earls for over 40,000kms and my turbos still alive for now :P

I haven't researched much about oil coolers and have NFI when its 'necessary'? Same with radiator (I thought this was only needed if doing hardcore track days?)...but for a stock car I don't know if there's any point?

But yes, for the ZF cooler don't go genuine....not worth it (cause read of a few milkshake stories where the car is only a few thousand kms old and the OEM exchanger gives in (cause not a very good design)). I went the PWR Heat Exchanger ($800 odd)....and the quality/size is way better and haven't heard any horror stories with them so far.

• Like 1

Is your warranty a genuine Ford extended warranty? I'm guessing with the 5k limit you're talking about an aftermarket warranty (I.e. one sold through dealership networks). If that's the case just make sure you find a good dealer and confirm whether servicing needs to be done through someone in their network. I was skeptical about mine, but very happy I've done it (although I pay $200 more per service, I've claimed 7k worth of parts + labour over the last 2 years....so well worth the $1650 outlay lol).

Also I would stick to earls filter....I'm not sure if the intune ones are just the same and they have put their logo on? (or whether its a china made copy with their brand on it). I've had an earls for over 40,000kms and my turbos still alive for now :P

I haven't researched much about oil coolers and have NFI when its 'necessary'? Same with radiator (I thought this was only needed if doing hardcore track days?)...but for a stock car I don't know if there's any point?

But yes, for the ZF cooler don't go genuine....not worth it (cause read of a few milkshake stories where the car is only a few thousand kms old and the OEM exchanger gives in (cause not a very good design)). I went the PWR Heat Exchanger ($800 odd)....and the quality/size is way better and haven't heard any horror stories with them so far.

Hey mate,

Yeah the dealership said in these words "you can service it with any workshop of your choice as long as the service is done correctly by the book, the the right oils/filter/coolant etc is used, a receipt should be kept and stapled with the service book and every 6-12 months taken to a dealership service center to be inspected and checked if the right service has been done".

Yeah I saw that earls is popular haha guess that's what ill be getting,

Yeah I had a feeling PWR would be the best one to get, but I don't know if it'll void the warranty on my car though.

I spoke to a guy running oil cooler and bigger rad on his stock f6 and he said engine and engine bay heat level have dropped alot.

Said that his thermo sits one bar down from standard heat all the time now. plus, on a cold night smashing it on the high way, he can touch the turbo with his hands and no get burnt lol

My car just passed inspection, 100% perfect, still have factory set tires, and bushes. All oils are perfect like theyve been change every service 5-10,00kms lol which is crazy. Must of been a pedantic owner before me hahaha

• Donating Members

Just make sure you have a good read over the actual document/warranty plan....would suck if they try and reject a claim cause of some small fine print :P

And yeah I rekon earls over intune any day (plus there's not much of a price difference I think?) For the PWR unit.....just double check with the dealership; but pretty sure mods like that would be fine....cause they should already know how sh*t the OEM exchanger is lol

Interesting what you've said about your mates F6....IDK if I would want my temp gauge being so low without adjustment to the tune. Pretty sure the ZF is super smart and performs best at specific coolant temps...(that's why I was told to stick to the PWR heat exchanger vs. the cheaper air to oil cooler....because it replicates OEM functionality and the ZF needs temps in a specific range or some sh*t?).

The standard tyres that come with the car are apparently poo poo....people around here call them dunflops lol but may as well burn through them anyways....oh and guaranteed your first bush to replace will be diff bushes lol these cars have so much torque that they chew up the stock bushes. Also check with dealer or warranty people to see if they are cool with upgrading parts or whether they can only do OEM stuff (I'm pretty lucky in that I can choose what brand I want and not even pay any difference I.e. I got nolathane diff bushes when I claimed and now for other suspension bushes I'll probably stick with the superpro range).

And yeah.....change the oil AT LEAST every 10,000kms (many on here do it every 5000-7500kms); cause turbo cars need it!

Good luck with everything and hopefully the mod bug doesn't bite too soon :P

I just spoke to the warranty department, they said a oil line and PWR is something they would recommand to put on to prolong the life of the car.

They have a on site mechanic who told me its best if I do that, even to the point where he said you can change the valve springs aswell to help the car.

I was shocked, and they emailed me the whole convo we had and a guaranty they it will not void the warranty.

So, PWR, earls is already ordered, and valve springs. then Super pro stiff bushes.

I cant be happier....I can do the simple mods to help the car live and no void anything haha.

• Donating Members

Which valve springs? Crow? I wont be changing mine until tune time....in fact hoping to get away with only needing them after I push 350rwkw+ (heres hoping cause apparently each car is different, but cause I've done 132,000kms they may need to be replaced in my first tune). You will need a special tool (atomic kit) to change them over if you're doing it yourself.

What bushes have you ordered? Diff bushes? Theres comfort and a performance version I think...

And yep; didn't think they would have an issue with preventative mods. Whats their position on getting a tune?

well I must not put more stress on the car. Meaning no extra power. but no one said no less weight....hehe

mmm I dont know what valves to use, I put atomic ones in my super charged xr6 made 250rwkw hot day cold 280rwkw.

Bushes I was performance one, I heard fulcrum suspension have some new hybrid suff out.

Earls oil line done,

PWR cooler done,

just waiting on what valves and bushes.

Just want to make the car run better and smoother, till I get to the stage I know the car is perfectly work and nothing is wrong. and just enjoy it stock power.

• Donating Members

I'm still pretty dumb when it comes to car stuff....but what benefit will there be by changing your valve springs for aftermarket ones (when the car is still stock???). I thought you only change when you're pushing more power, and the extra power causes stress on the engine and therefore causes the valves to float?

Wouldn't that money not be better spent on new suspension or something?