Boost Problems

kunwar.xbox

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 28d

DAFUQ....you're in WA.

MT tunes do not cost $1500???....its $1795 for stage one package if you supply your own X3 or X4 device or $990 if you supply your own injectors too (this was told to me around a month or so ago).

Its gunna be a slippery slope mate...you're better off taking your time and stock piling a bunch of goodies and then go for the tune then.

You may as well get good cooler, injectors (1000cc), air intake panel (if you don't want noise) otherwise turbo side or passenger side, either a venom bolt in cat with stock catback or you can add catback if you want more noise (or you can go full zorst if you want...but Rob will probably tell you to do the wastegate mod + larger flapper + actuator which is $1100)...maybe a surge tank if you like to drive around with less than a 1/4 tank of fuel...and then all your suspension and brakes mods. You can see how it adds up farking quickly!!!! lol

If you want to avoid all of this and just have a reasonable 270-290rwkw....just do the F6 cooler + aftermarket pipes, F6 injectors, xcal and tune.

All depends on how deep your pockets are LOL

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 12d

DAFUQ....you're in WA.

MT tunes do not cost $1500???....its $1795 for stage one package if you supply your own X3 or X4 device or $990 if you supply your own injectors too (this was told to me around a month or so ago).

Its gunna be a slippery slope mate...you're better off taking your time and stock piling a bunch of goodies and then go for the tune then.

You may as well get good cooler, injectors (1000cc), air intake panel (if you don't want noise) otherwise turbo side or passenger side, either a venom bolt in cat with stock catback or you can add catback if you want more noise (or you can go full zorst if you want...but Rob will probably tell you to do the wastegate mod + larger flapper + actuator which is $1100)...maybe a surge tank if you like to drive around with less than a 1/4 tank of fuel...and then all your suspension and brakes mods. You can see how it adds up farking quickly!!!! lol

If you want to avoid all of this and just have a reasonable 270-290rwkw....just do the F6 cooler + aftermarket pipes, F6 injectors, xcal and tune.

All depends on how deep your pockets are LOL

Couldn't agree more. The cheaper you are the more you pay in the long run. Just there stage 1 will be fine for you. You don't need the bigger cooler. Although it is recommended to have.

Give Rob a call and see what he has to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member For: 8y 8m 27d

Sorry the 1500 quote was only for turning up the boost and basic tune not, coz I asked all I wanna do is run 12-15 psi so that's the price for that, I know a stage 1 tune for MT is over 2000, didn't wanna spend that much money atm haha. I shouldve stated the 1500 bucks fact better...my bad

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 21d

You can't trick these ecu's mate, a standalone controller will not work. ever. Unless you tinker with the tune, using an xcal to let it do so.

And even if it could be hacked together to work, for 3pound, and the extreme risk to the engine, why would you bother?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 28d

Are you sure it was $1500? I would have thought it would be closer to $1600...because I would assume he has quoted you tune only plus a new sct x4 device (which apparently he sells those for $680 on its own). So you're getting a bargain tune if he said $1500

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 12d

I believe there is some people making over 300rwkw with around 12psi boost. Boost is only a small part of it. These engines have so much potential by just playing with fuel timing etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Member For: 8y 8m 27d

Yeah @ptr nitro... I pm them on fb but I dunno what's exactly included in the tune... tbh I will just wait till I can buy one of the xcal devices and do it properly... I've removed the boost controller aswell coz It wasn't even letting it run stock boost haha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk