T56 Into Ba Without Abs ?

dog250

• Member For: 10y 6m 24d

Hello members .. I have been lurking on here for a while and have had a search but was unable to find a direct solution to my problem . My car is an 04 Ba xt ute without ABS .. It has been fitted with the turbo set up and a T5z from an XR6t but I would now like to upgrade to a t56 as I picked up a box at the right price . The question I have is does anyone know how to generate a speed signal or can the gearbox be modified to accommodate a speed sensor and tone ring ? Thanks in advance , I have always found plenty of useful information & knowledgable members on this site so any input would be greatly appreciated .. Cheers , Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member For: 10y 4m 30d

Really you need the ABS module with a VSS signal but that will require a PCM and Loom swap. Perhaps there is a workaround. No idea if there is even a provision for an OSS sensor on the t56 though? If there is not your going to have to do the former, which also involves adding an extra brake line as non TC xt Ute's only have 3 lines, with a single going to the rear that splits at the diff.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

Yes you can, Many do it for barra conversions into older cars (ie mustang/x series cars) The most obvious solution to me would be to use a sedan abs tone ring mounted on the cv on the diff (they appear to be similar diameter to the sedan axle cv's) and use an abs sensor to provide the signal.

Obviously you will need to have the tune adjusted to suit the change in input pulse per km from the sensor.

Below is a screw shot from the hpt software showing the diff ratio and revs per km for a 245/40/18 on a zf car.

Logic would suggest if you are running the abs tone ring at drive shaft speed rather than wheel speed you would need to multiple the revs/km by the diff ratio to achieve the same speed.

If you where to get another tone ring machined up with 1/3 of the number of teeth (for in this case the 2.73 ratio in this case) you would be quite close to original pulses per KM. There are a couple of other changes that need to be made to suit the slight change in ratio (basically how the pcm derives speed) but it's all doable in the tune.

post-7403-0-53045600-1438037982_thumb.jp

Where are you located mate?

Don't forget you'll also need to make wiring provisions for the reverse lockout solenoid, another easy task.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 6m 24d

Thanks for the replies .. I'm in Newcastle . If that's the case can you just put an abs sensor on one wheel to take the signal from & calibrate through vcm suite or sniper ? I was told I would need a signal converter to do this , is it going to be possible without ?

Cheers ...

• 4 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 11m 11d

How did you go with this, im now in the same boat.

found another thread that had no answer also. here.

https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/87997-completed-turbo-conversion-issue-with-speed-sensor/

happy to fire up a signal converter, just want to know whats works