Recommend A Panel & Paint In Perth

• Member For: 14y 6m 2d

So I went to get in the car after having it parked all week in our undercover car park and some bright spark who obviously cannot park to save themselves, has hit the drivers side.

Even though there's no damage to the rim, the steering is out of whack as the steering wheel is rotated about 30 degrees clockwise when the wheels are straight.

ZwGrEqa.jpg

PVR29ke.jpg

HQeqkkx.jpg

So it looks like next Saturday is all about arranging quotes and of course if it's close to $1,000 then I need to way up whether to pay the excess and lose my no claim bonus or cover it myself.

Can anyone recommend a good repair shop that does good paint matching?

Thanks.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d

This guy:

http://www.whitepages.com.au/business-listing/straight-line-2-ten-1481506/dianella-wa

Older bloke that works by himself. Does a lot of custom work and a lot of work for people through Perth Street Bikes forum and gets a really good rap. He touched up the paint on my mum's car and did a great job (which my detailer commented on...and he sees lots of bad work!). Fair prices and a really great bloke to deal with too!

Edited by .Stripes.
  • Like 2

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 24d

What a gutless farker that did the hit and run! Hope it's a smooth repair process for you man.

• Like 1

• Member For: 21y 18d

Woman drivers usually cause these sorts of scrapes. I would be looking at every car around there that matches the colour, then start looking at bumpers and measure heights. If you find a suspect, I don't mind coming around to double check the forensics.

Edited by turbotrana
  • Like 2

• Member For: 14y 6m 2d
I have excellent landlords, as I'm coming up to being here 8 years, they have sent emails to the caretaker and the two councillors for our units and the other one that shares our carpark and will let me put up a notice in our locked notice board, so people cannot just rip the notice off.

So now to write up something requesting any information regarding what happened.

BTW thanks for the details .Stripes. I'll contact him tomorrow and see if he can look at it on Saturday or if he only works during the week, I'll organise something for Friday.

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 30d

Ezy,

Bad luck mate. I HATE car parks for exactly that reason. I park in a side-street and walk to my local Westfields to avoid the parking dings. The trouble is, when you catch somebody red handed they're likely to say "it's just a car mate!" My green (Dash) FG had a touch up on the back bumper and I can't see any mismatch. Hope you're as lucky with yours.

Parking at the FAR end of a shopping centre car park recently, a HSV parks nearby and a young mum with a baby disembarks. I said: "your hubby makes you do this doesn't he!" The answer was an emphatic "YES". Sounds like he had her well trained.

PAH

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d
BTW thanks for the details .Stripes. I'll contact him tomorrow and see if he can look at it on Saturday or if he only works during the week, I'll organise something for Friday.

How'd you get on mate?