Rims For Mt Et Radials ?

Silverfox666

• Member For: 9y 3m 24d

Is it the ford 17x 7.5 steel rims that everyone is

Using for the mickey Thompson 275x40x17 ET radials ????? Just want to make sure I have it right before I buy them and find out they don't fit together ??????

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 25d

Thought it was BA/BF XR rims? 17x8?

I still dont get how legally you can only put 245 on a 8", yet you're allowed 275s somehow if you say its for drags only...you still turn after your run so couldnt tyre come off wheel?

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 5m 9d

See my thread below..
Just used a 17x9 Rota Titan but they have a few other styles too..

they are perfect with a 275-40-17 .. iv had to trim the blade bolts flush and also the control arm bolt a touch too.. I used a +35 to tuck them the best I could but u could get away with a +30 or +32 a bit better without trimming but would also loose a bit of tuck and risk fouling on the outer guard..

u could go a 9.5" rim too.. I reckon after seeing these mounted on a 9" rim a 10" would be too wide and have no bulge and take away what they are designed to do.. they tyres I went are M&H Drag radials and have a 1/2" bigger contact patch than a Mickey and are specified to be mounted on a 9" rim..

8" ba/bf rims have the runs on the board but there are much better options and if your spending $700 on a set of tyres ya dont want them to wear unevenly and leave the shoulders with meat on them which is all too common..

• Like 1