What The Hell Is Going On With Ambrose...

SydCrazi

• Member For: 13y 4m 13d

I don't expect many replies considering there is no topics in this forum, which I find surprising, thought there'd be more V8 Supercar fans on here.. Anyway..

I have to ask, what is going on with Ambrose? I mean there are so many damn rumours on what is going to happen. Is he coming back, is he not coming back? I personally was looking forward to seeing how/if he could claw his way back to the top. He doesn't have long whatever he does, he is nearing the top end of the age scale.

I understand his decision to step down, so they could develop the car quicker with Pye to a degree.

I don't understand the end game, I mean is he coming back or what?

What do you guys think is the 'TRUE' story here...?

• Member For: 8y 11m 19d

I think he expected to be able to jump in and be on top. Also I don't think the fans accepted him the way he wanted. I think it was him not liking it.

• Member For: 13y 4m 13d

Haha... I should have KNOWN I'd get the '..He can't drive round RH corners anymore..' responses.. :P

Yeah I reckon the transition back into V8's was harder than he anticipated, but I still believe if he stuck at it he could get back up to speed and even maybe back to the top..

Oh well, I guess he ain't coming back, at least he got 'Penske' into Aussie motorsport I guess..

• Member For: 14y 5m 13d

He doesn't have long whatever he does, he is nearing the top end of the age scale.

Look at Craig Lowndes though he's two years older and still going strong on second place currently.

I always found Ambrose to be a bit spoilt from watching him the first time he was in the V8's, whereas Craig's always been a more laid back approachable bloke.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 8d

No1 the car is way behind where it needs to be. Can't win in a 1 car team.

Look at the data prodrive and 888 gather from there cars and also the support category.

And I think he didn't give himself enough time to settle. The first round he done a killer job putting it into the top 10 and the gp sucks for racing on.

• Like 1