In The Process Of Getting 400+ Ba F6

LV3LLA

• Member For: 9y

Hi guys and girls, new to the site but much loved so far, looking for some tips and suggestions from some of the pro's!

So I just brought a Ba Mk II F6 Typhoon 6 speed man 160k, plans are to see the 400 numbers on the dyno on 98 ONLY, dont care if its 401 as long as I reach it, what I dont want, is to do all this work only to reach 395 then have to go back with additional mods to get over 400rwkw mark.

I am in the process of buying bolt on parts to be installed myself and getting professional work done prior to tune, am buying parts along the way to save $$ rather than just taking it to a tune ing shop and forking out 6-10k

Plans:
-Walbro 400lph in tank fuel pump
-80lb or 1000cc ID injectors
-Crow cam valve springs
-Process west stg 2 intercooler kit (Hot + cold side piping, under battery air intake, +/- TB relocation)
-Ported turbo with upgraded flapper mod (Stock turbo Gt3540) - Rotomasters Camberfield VIC
-Turbo smart 12 or 14 psi Actuator
-Braided oil lines and filter
-Full exhaust system - 4" dump, 4 or 5" hi flow cat, 3.5" cat back
-Custom tune - thinking G6 motorsport in Caroline Springs VIC
-Boost and Oil pressure gauge
-Tripple plate clutch
-John Bowe suspension
-Full service inc - Plugs, leads, oils, filters

Questions I need answering:
1) Will the above mods see me to pass the 400RWKW barrier on 98 pump fuel and stock internals and turbo?
If not, what else is needed and other saftey mods should I include?

2) Has anyone else reached 400 on these mods / come accross similar issue - links please?

3) Anything else I should be cautious of when getting to this level?

Im looking for a 400+rwkw street car, not looking at dragging it or thrashing the F**K out of it doing stupid burnouts, would appreciate serious opinions and recommendations

Thanks!! :icon_ford:

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 4m 16d

Have basically the same mods in my ba f6 aswel. Made 350kw on 98 with 17lbs of boost and 400kw on e85 with 19lbs. If your tuner is confident pushing it that far it will make 400kw on 98 but my guess is it will take 20something psi. But it realy is a bit of a waiting game. But as with anything when you double the factory power output, Might last a day might last a 5 years. Also always a good idea to check compression before getting into mods to make sure it's all healthy. Oh and with those big intank pumps you can run into problems with excess fuel pressure at idle on a stock fuel system. Mine was fine running the walbro 460 but have heard others having problems.

And triple plate clutch is a bit of overkill. Especially if you don't plan on burnouts or drags. A big npc single or decent double will do the job comfortably. Check out Malwoods or npc's offerings.

Edited by bamk2f6tornado
  • Like 1

• Member For: 9y

Thanks bamk2f6tornado, did they stop it at 350 to be safe or was that the max it was running healthy at? and I have heard from others it really does depend on the tuner u go with, that's why im looking else where for opinions! The clutch came with the car so cant complain!! haha

Will the internals and stock turbo take 20psi or is that pushing it?

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 4m 16d

That's what they we comfortable taking it to. could have made more if I wanted them to. Didn't realy try to make more as I was going e85 anyway. The turbo will make the boost its just the rods you have to worry about

Edited by bamk2f6tornado

• Member For: 11y 3m 11d

Id be looking at going to a billet wheel or even, considering the kms on your stock turbo, maybe look at getting a new GTX3582R.

It will help you get over the 400 mark on 98 while keeping the boost at a reasonable level.

I could be wrong but I'm not sure that you will get to 400 on the stock turbo on 98 if you're still running the standard intake plenum.

Also you should factor in a set of genuine ignition coils. The original ones tend to break up when they are subjected to more load / boost

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 26d

I'm going to stick my foot in here because I'm in the nearly exact same boat but looking at a 3582, what's the consensus about oil pump gears at these levels? I avoid winding the rpm right out and feel like I could get away without them but aren't sure

• Member For: 8y 9m 15d

Aim for gtx3576 that's what I have. Your basically doing what I've done. 1000cc injectors. Same fuel pump. Pretty much the same. As mine. I'm pushing 407 on98. E85 has me sitting on 463rwkw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 1d

OP will need a better intake

What do you recon is the limit of the under battery cai Mick ?