Rough Idle

Nugget

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 11d

Coils will normally show by breaking down under load. Say 4th gear going full throttle and it will be fine until the RPM starts to get up a bit then usually a power loss/shuddering feeling.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d

"rough idle" is a bit like "brake shudder" can occur for multiple reasons and an Idle miss is not the same as vibration from a cooked engine mount causing NVH transmission. Both can be described as a rough idle.

OP are you able to pull codes from the car?

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 7m 23d

Coils will normally show by breaking down under load. Say 4th gear going full throttle and it will be fine until the RPM starts to get up a bit then usually a power loss/shuddering feeling.

mine does that some times after a quick boot and it can shudder after some times when revs are down low. Like a lawn mower with sh*t fuel. If you know what I mean.

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 18d

Had a bit of time this arvo so cleaned the throttle body again as I too had an occasional pop at no load idle. It was grubby around the edges of the butterfly and internally a little. Anyway, pleased to report with a quick clean up with Nulon TB cleaner, the fault is gone.

• Member For: 8y 9m 18d

Yeh I've cleaned the throttle body and that's not the issue... My mate said it could possibly be the sparks... I pulled one of them out today and they look worn out.. so gonna change them and also the coils and I'll see how I go...