Sct X4 - With Custom Tune

karlp2

• Member For: 10y 8m 6d

Spoke to my local tuner, was looking for a basic tune over stock for my G6E turbo. I have a fuel card through work but in NZ Shell/Z only do 91 and 95 octane so run 95, when have cruises come up I buy 98 elsewhere. Tuner said he can tune to suit 95, he didn't recommend tuning for 98 if dropping back to 95. His alternative option was for another NZ$600 he could do both tunes with them loaded onto a SCT X4, for clarity he is doing a full dynotune. Bit of a pain Shell not doing 98 otherwise would just tune for that. Is the tuner right with what he's saying or do I not really need to worry if tuning for 98 but doing daily driving on 95? Know it's not ideal but if I just tune for 95 only he's talking 15-18kw less at the flywheel between a 95 and a 98 tune. 95 here in NZ is over $2 p/ltr, 98 is another 10 odd cents. If it wasn't my daily I'd just stump up for 98 myself. Car goes in next week for a tune, just need to guide him on what I decide. As said know my situation isn't ideal but would appreciate others thoughts on which way to go. Cheers.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 28d

If you're going to be driving it on 95, tune it on 95.

You can always go back later and get a 98 tune - sure beats going back later and getting a new engine