Going For A Retune

boost69

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 9d

Guys, when getting a custom tune is it possible to tune the car so it is much more responsive down low in the rev range...(as I have found that once you boost a B series T it just seems very laggy...)

From my experience with a BA XR6T we had previously, it was making just shy of 350RWK but was quite laggy off boost...didn't really enjoy driving it most of the time, as you really had to give it the boot for it to come alive...but this isn't practical for street use...

For instance I don't mind how the boost cuts in with the standard BF...and even on part throttle you still feel that confident urge come on with what little boost its applying...

Do tuners only tune for wide open throttle applications?...what about part throttle response...just curious...

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

A correctly tuned B series should not feel "laggy" off boost around the streets but not many tune shops tune for part throttle as it's very time consuming but excellent gains are to be had when done right

A B series should beable to wheel spin or scramble the tyres enough before boost comes on from take off in a ZF auto

And if it's spinning it's not laggy ;)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 9d

I appreciate the answers guys, I'm not going to try and pretend I know something when I don't, which is why I ask these questions...(as silly as they might sound)...

I suppose if you gain some knowledge, then you can have input and ask relevant questions when you are getting your car tuned, rather than dropping your car off getting it tuned then picking it up...

The way "Womend Bellbat" describes the power delivery is exactly what I'm after...