Going For A Retune

boost69

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 9d

Guys,

I'm planning on going for another tune and will be getting injectors intalled too (BF II XR6T)...(currently car just has a tune and high flow cat, appart from this its' stock).

I also have an intercooler lying around from an FPV Typhoon, and I'm wondering weather to bolt this on prior to the tune...

You guys think it's worth it?...or are the gains between the stock BF and Typhoon intercooler negligible...

Not planning on doing much to the car to justify a PW intercooler etc...

So basically all I want to do to the car is, a custom tune, injectors, and high flow cat...(Typhoon intercooler debatable)

What do you guys think?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Yes fit the B series F6 intercooler it's very worth it on the low end of the power scale vs the stock B series xr cooler

• Donating Members

Ok I will bolt it on, thanks for the advice...

Can I get away with pulling off the grill and the splash tray under the bumper to install this FPV unit?

Or does the bumper need to come off regardless...

• Member For: 15y 8m 11d

Ok I will bolt it on, thanks for the advice...

Can I get away with pulling off the grill and the splash tray under the bumper to install this FPV unit?

Or does the bumper need to come off regardless...

When I had to replace the radiator in my Tornado a few months ago I went Google searching for photos and instructions.
I ended up on the Hybrid Power web site, which had some very useful PDFs.
During re-assembly, I stuffed up and forgot to reconnect two wires to a sensor near the intercooler. Don't forget that.
Direct links to PDFs:
The splash tray underneath = 7mm sockets. Cordless drill makes this quick and easy.
The bumper is easy to remove. Pain-in-the-arse plastic scrivets on the top, a few other bolts and then the screws in the wheel arches. Don't forget to reconnect the fog lights when putting it back together.
If you don't already have a 10mm ratchet spanner then get one. eg http://www.bunnings.com.au/kincrome-10mm-single-way-gear-spanner-_p6110157

• Donating Members

PhilMeUP,

Thanks mate, that was very informative, though your running commentary made me chuckle at times...it was like as you were pulling apart your car...there was a side of you thinking "OMG WHAT I HAVE DONE"...lol...

Mate the intercooler I have has some engraving underneath like yours, is this normal? Or by chance do we have the same cooler??

Edited by boost69

• Member For: 15y 8m 11d

Thanks mate, that was very informative, though your running commentary made me chuckle at times...it was like as you were pulling apart your car...there was a side of you thinking "OMG WHAT I HAVE DONE"...lol...

More of a rather angry "what the f*ck am I doing this sh*t for???" than a simple "OMG, what have I done!"

I spent a couple of months getting the car sorted out in the carport, from when I bought it at auction.

Got the cooling system flushed straight away. Gonna get this car real tidy.

And then the radiator leaked the next day.

Meant that after all that work, I couldn't drive the new toy.

Very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very sh*tty for 24 hours.

Got the bastard back together. Ready for the test drive.

And then I remembered something about not reconnecting a couple of cables.

Swearing. Substantial amounts of swearing. I was a tad miffed.

Screw this. Going to bed. Will sort the &^$%#@ thing out tomorrow. Well beyond a tad miffed now.

Finally got it done. The next night. Again.

Just like a woman. When you think that you've done the work and got it maintained, it throws you a curve ball.

Mate the intercooler I have has some engraving underneath like yours, is this normal? Or by chance do we have the same cooler??

Yeah, probably the same intercooler. Part numbers or something.

Probably some sort of sadistic, "Sucked in, arsehole" comment in Egyptian hieroglyphics.

• Like 1