John Bowe Performance Ap Racing Brakes

ryan_baxr8

• Member For: 8y 9m 18d

In theory yes I could get new longer pipes to join both sides of the caliper made and space it out. But I'm not sure how legal that would be as your altering an adr approved product. To me that seems like a legal and engineers certificate mine field it might just be easier to look out for a second hand set of rear AP's that I can strip repaint the same as the current set and rebuild then I haven't adjusted the design of a product.. its a great suggestion but I think its going to cost me almost as money to do completely legally as it will cost for second hand calipers that will already meet this spec. Its annoying that I can't get new off the shelf calipers for my current set up. Apparently they are the same sizes as fitted to the BA Brute utes

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 5d

Ah that might explain the odd size if it was actually being made for racing already so the startup cost of tooling or whatever was paid for. But of course the teams change spec and you no longer have production happening.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m

Good luck with a solution.

I hope you find more people to make ordering disks worth while.

One other possible idea. ....

Since you can't really sell them to someone else for a Falcon without being able to get disks, maybe you can find out what other car they would suit nicely and sell the calipers to someone for a different application?

Edited by xr6tForMe

• 1 month later...

If anyone has this brake kit I've got dba agreeing to do rotors for $185 each. .. I'm personally taking 4 pairs (that's 20 yrs worth of rear rotors) dba have said this is the last time these will be produced. You could possibly run them with a standard 303mm rear setup with a spacer they are a 4000 series rotor with a t3 patern

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 5d

Nice one, bet you're happy with that.

I've still gotta get a few other people in on it. They have a minimum. I keep getting responses like oh I'll get some when they are completely worn out and surely another company makes them or I'll just get some from america... none of those are going to happen..no one else makes a rotor the same size in this country and america you just won't get them to be bluntly honest people frustrate me!

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 15y 11m 22d

Matt from RBS here we now have a supplier of this rear 315mm rotor and although they are not DBA (they wont make more) I understand the quality is good. They are available in stock.

Edited by k31th
advertising removed
  • Like 1