Norrs' Water/meth Injection Install

• Member For: 11y 3m 12d

Wow, thanks for the write up. Good job with nice results. I'm really keen to get a set up installed before summer comes around again.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 16d

$2000 holy fck that's expensive! Either way water/meth injection is the go for us people in the tropics...

Pity Darwin is speed limited now otherwise I'd tell you to go and log intake and exhaust temps from a standing start to as fast and as long as your pooper valve will take it to show everyone what it's capable of as there are still sceptics everywhere who don't or don't want to understand!

Yes for outright power it's not the be all end all but you can lean on an engine knowing that it's there to keep it STABLE, repeatedly...

Edited by bjc

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 28d

I'm just running 50/50

It's still going good. When I have some more pennies I'll have another play at the tuners.

Also failsafe isn't quite working yet. Still tinkering with that

• 5 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 28d

I thought I might do an update on this regarding reliability.  I've been happily daily driving for the last 5 & 1/2 years on a 500rwhp tune running the aquamist system.  I've only touched the system once to upgrade the spray injectors to a larger size and to solder part of the circuit board to increase the flow. The latter was done by an electronics shop in accordance with the aquamist manual. It was quick and easy, the shop didn't even charge me but I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself as the solder point is 1-2mm with no room for error. 

To date, I've had one of the plastic push line fittings fail a few years ago (a 1 minute $5 job) and today the gauge sh*t itself after a few weeks of slowly losing LED lights off it.  It's $250 to buy a replacement gauge.  I still must say that I'm still very happy with the systems reliability.  I'm not sure why the gauge failed.  My car is rarely parked in the sun but when it is it's fricken hot in Darwin!  Like you get back to the car and the entire centre roof light fitting has dislodged and is hanging down by its wires because of the heat.  When the new gauge arrives, I might relocate it off the windscreen.   

• Like 5