Front Diff Ratios/options

Grego.77

• Member For: 9y 5m

Hey guys really need some help on what the front diff ratio options are. Reason Im asking is because my rear is 3.7 and the spare I have is 3.4. I cant see the tag on whats in mine and there is some severe continous clunking under load that's getting gradually worse that several workshops cant pin point. Thought Id buy another diff before the new engine is dropped in this weekend and the diff bushes get changed by a workshop either today or tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated.

• Member For: 10y 4m 30d

I have read about this notorious clunking over on AFF. People replacing parts to no avail and it almost always turns out to be transfer case. It is basically a separate unit with its own fluid ect so the box should be OK if its not currently giving you any dramas.

Edited by barnz
  • Like 1

mate your spot on.... just got diagnosed by Ford of all ppl. My bad on the diff specs I should of cleaned the sticker better all TTGs and FX6s are running 3.4s. Ok so who builds a tough transfer case? good for 500kw or their abouts???

I'd give nizpro a ring mate and see what they reckon as far as I know that have pushed the TT the quickest and I'm sure it was around mid 400awkw. The weak link is the awd box unfortunately.

Lots of power plus heavy vehicle = broken sh*t

Edited by barnz

Yeah I spoke to Nizpro a few months ago but no luck. Think Iv rang every gearbox/transmission place going. I bought a stock one today to get me through they aint cheap. Maybe 3D image it and give the file to a machine shop make it out of something better.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 16d

You could take the front drive shaft out but that would then make it a tub-o-lard one wheel spinning danger beast!

Depending on km's and age of your car I'd also keep an eye on the front passenger side diff bushes (front and rear of the front diff when looking side on at the passenger wheel). I had to replace mine on my 08 F6X (90k km's) as the rear one was non existant and the bolt was just banging around freely. I've also just recently (96k km's) had the control arms replaced and the front radius arm bushes replaced as they were toast also. Surprisingly the rear diff bushes and all bushes except for the bump stops are still like new!

Keep us informed though as I am doing some extra mods soon and will settle for whatever the standard turbo can put out but atm it is roughly at 270-280awkw (110mph at the drags).

Cheers,

Brett

It appears Ford have used the standard 6hp26 and sourced a transfer case rather than using the 6hp26a(awd). I can't however confirm that 100%.

Just thinking we know the zf can be built to take 500kw, just wondering if a different transfer case can be made to work. I know r32 transfer cases are just about indestructible.... Unlike their gearboxes...

Its a niche market so something off the shelf for the power your chasing is probably not going to happen.

Edited by barnz

• Donating Members

There is one chap in WA somewhere who has built a very big HP F6X and it seemed to take an ass raping at power cruise (or similar event) with the videos I have seen from youtube...

Edited by bjc
  • Like 1

• Donating Members

This one has the front left right smoking lol....

And

and...Sh!t quality vid with douches but car sounds choice!

Edited by bjc
  • Like 1