Front Diff Ratios/options

Grego.77

• Member For: 9y 4m 9d

Ow and the IDIOTS (some who advertise/donate on here) who dont own a 4 wheel drive dyno who offered to tune my car by locking the front wheels and allowing that planetary gear set to scream its dial off oughta go back to working on Briggs & Stratton lawn mowers where they achieved their mechanical licence that's even if you have one your skills are more suited there. You know who you all are.

I think this drive chain slack would be a main contributor to busting input shafts front and rear diff bushes also. I done all my bushes although it improved it only improved by 50%

• Member For: 10y 4m 8d

Mmm ratter seems to agree with you re tuning a terry on 2wd dyno. Wouldn't having the front wheels reconnected after the tune affect the load points anyway?

Keen to see your transfer case mod idea grego and whether it helps the rest of the drive train reliability.

Edited by barnz
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

Good to see the feedback mate. I might have to crack open the spare case I bought and have a fiddle as it looks to be no harder than a bushbike!

With regards to the chain, what is it that stretches on them? Can it be as simple as removing a few sections like on a pushy or motorbike chain and if not why not? I'd think that once the chain has stretched to a set point then that would be it (like a head stud) so no more stretching but instead breaking with a set amount of load?

Just thinking out loud while I'm dropping the kids off at the pool...

I think.. and I could be completely wrong but they are called a Morse chain. Links removed will be very difficult unless you have a special tool. I think CBC bearings make/stock these chains

• 3 years later...
  • Member For: 16y 2m 22d
On 31/05/2015 at 8:34 AM, Grego.77 said:

My EX owned a 4 Coupe Monaro with the 427 option. I broke the tc in it just out of warranty. Expensive Daewoo was nice enough to repair it still under warranty when I asked on the design of the tc the guy said they are actually belt driven inside and the Fords are running a chain?? My workshop manual is absaloutly useless but Ill pull it down next week or so. I never inteded to build this car so far but the engine was due for a rebuild (75psi in no2 cylinder 90psi in no5) and that was after doing a head-on valve spring upgrade. The exhaust wasnt the best so that turned into a 4" dump going through to a 3.5" looked for an FG motor but they are asking way to much so it turned into an Atomic rod with Mahle pistons set up the turbo core is noisy because it had 4" of burnt oil in the supply line and the surroundings of the flapper/exhaust housing is cracked so that became a pt6466 the tm ic is useless so that became a plazmaman setup its just a never ending story. Im scared to add up how much Iv spent on it and Iv done most of the labour myself. But this tc issue must be sorted.

Havent logged in here for a while but DAMN this is gold. 

The Coupe4 never had a 427 option
The transfer case runs a chain
They have nothing to do with Daewoo in any way
The TC is good for 450kw 

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d
1 hour ago, VooDoo said:

Havent logged in here for a while 

2 posts in 11 years to be precise...! 

1 hour ago, VooDoo said:

They have nothing to do with Daewoo in any way 

Mods have set it so typing 'H0lden' auto corrects to 'Expensive Daewoo' for sh*ts & giggles

• 8 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 7d
On 31/05/2015 at 7:09 AM, bjc said:

I have the Territory service manual on PDF somewhere if you want it in digital format unless that's what you have already?

I know it's an old post but I don't suppose you still have a copy of this somewhere? Have to do some work on the missus's Turbo Terrra Ghia ;)