Headlight Globes

SipposBFT

• Member For: 14y 8m 2d

After buying Phillips "blue" headlight globes (both H4's & H3's) im getting annoyed @ how little time they take to fail. I definately didnt touch the glass when changing & my suspension isnt much harder than standard Ford XR.

Ive noticed a post here discussing HID conversions on the FG...is there also for the BA/BF? Is there much involved in this convert & do they last longer? Absolutely hate changin globes on my BF...a pain in the U no where. Please no one dare recommend me use Narva.... they shud be called NEVER

• Member For: 15y 9m 7d

Ive noticed a post here discussing HID conversions on the FG...is there also for the BA/BF? Is there much involved in this convert & do they last longer? Absolutely hate changin globes on my BF...a pain in the U no where. Please no one dare recommend me use Narva.... they shud be called NEVER

Changing globes is easy on BA/BF.

Driver side: Remove the battery to give full access.

Passenger side: Remove the airbox lid and move it out of the way.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 18d

I'm probably getting about 12 mths per Phillips 4300k Crystal Vision globe. I use headlights about 4 times a week for maybe 1 hr per day all up. It's annoying they fail but farrkn heaps brighter than the normal OEM globes. They are expensive though - eBay $55 pair H4.

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 22d

Super cheap auto branded globes at a similar temp/colour to those Philips go alright. Lasted two years and still going strong.

Cheaper too.

Edited by OZYWALKER
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 19d

Maybe you have other problems (earth?) if they are blowing regularly! My drivers side fog light did it twice on my BA within 6months of each other and when I checked the connector it was dodgy so after a clean and tightening the clips I never had a problem again...

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 22d

that's farked. You'd think a quality brand would last longer than 1 yr or approx 208hrs :/

Ozywalker is yours the actual SCA branded globes or some other brand?

Yea, haven't seen them around for a while though.