My 2010 XR50T Ute

OZYWALKER

• Member For: 5y 7m 9d

Can't be 100% certain, but can't rule it out either. Pretty sure that's what I did to fix last time.

If its doing your head in it will only cost 33 bucks to find out. and 2 min to change. no adjustment.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-GENUINE-FORD-BF-FG-FGX-FALCON-SX-SY-SZ-TERRITORY-BRAKE-LIGHT-SWITCH-2008-ON-/221739182316?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

If you proved your lights went MIA that's the first place I'de go.

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 28d

Have swapped the brake switch already. Had a new one from before I converted it to manual, as the pedal box was swapped I never changed it back then.
I swapped to the new one last week with no difference.

• 4 months later...
  • XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members

Haven't done much to the ute lately. Was planning for a bigger turbo but had a clutch issue which turned out to be a blown clutch line spraying fluid all over the clutch.

So I decided while the box is out to upgrade to a T56 magnum, quicktime SFI rated bell housing and an Ace option 5 clutch.
I had the chance to drive a mate of a mates blown SS with an option 5 clutch and it is a really really nice drive hence deciding to get one.

I'll probably have the Xtreme twin plate rebuilt to suit the magnum later on if I go a bit power crazy.
Also after running in the box I'll be looking to fit a cooler with a Tilton scavenge pump. Was thinking of mounting a fan forced cooler under the driver's side of the tub. Does anyone have recommendations for or against that location?

If anyone wants a TR6060 with bell housing pm me.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 14d

if its fan forced then no issue in that location or under the floor mounted horizontally. I had mine that way, mate has his that way and I know a few others have it that way too with no issues

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members

Had a bit of a hold up with the install. The ace clutch comes drilled for different dowels than the atomic crank dowel setup I have.

Anyway, got a cheap motor to bolt up the fly wheel and the jig to drill it.
Got the clutch in and will get the rest of the kit installed tomorrow arvo.

Very keen to put some KMs on it this weekend.

576c18d5334a6707984a6db78d1ad659.jpg0424586f838ec8629f4d5ed8f9ad1714.jpg503932889342258dda8b18c3fd043954.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members

Put some KMs on it, pretty sweet clutch. Was thinking time to throw it on the dyno again but regos coming up and it's time for tyres.

I'm over paying big for silly 335 rears as daily's so I'm keen on getting a set of Koya sf01, 18x10 fronts and 18x11 rears. Probably a stupid colour because they have a heap available.

And the good bit is I'll be running affordable atr sport 2s
265/35r18 and 305/30r18
All 4 tyres for just over the normal retail of one of the Pirelli 335s lol.

• Like 1