My 2010 XR50T Ute

OZYWALKER

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

The whole kit with piping, clamps and brackets felt a fair bit less that the PW cooler alone.

I'd say the cooler itself would be around half the weight or less.

• Like 1

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members

Its a modified aftermarket GM part, a "manifild filler neck". I had the bolt holes moved in and the center bored out to match the factory size.

Easiest and neatest way to do something similar would be to get a spare tstat housing from a wreckers, cut a hole in it and get a filler neck welded to it.

Then have the blank outlet nipple on the factory tstat housing tapped and run a line to the top of the radiator on the as its the highest point, without this you'll end up with an air gap in the top of the radiator.

You also need a plug to block the 1'' radiator outlet that runs to the header tank.

Also I found that you have to use at least a 21psi radiator cap not a 16psi like the stock setup or it will loose a lot of coolant on shutdown.

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members

Sorry, missed your other post.

Will see how it goes once the box gets built. Will probably be pushing just under the 500rwkw mark with the stock motor then have a motor built down the track.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members

Had a productive weekend, fitted a set of 4 pot front Brembos and PBR upgrade rears. Massive difference, should have been done before any power mods.

d1b5b0c4ace7d95c2f67a5e12ac57616.jpg

Finally got around to moving the catch can, moved it under the intake manifold. Then fitted a new overflow bottle using the bracket I had the catch can in.

c56669cbe2376e058d1aa6723168235f.jpg

Pretty happy with the ute now, will be great once I get rid of the solid mounts next week.

• Like 1