Options On The Market For A Plug & Play Ecu

FiftyOne

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 23d

I'm not really in the market for a new ECU, but I was debating with a mate about engine management for B/F series turbo's and after a quick google discovered there isn't really an aftermarket option for a plug&play unit. Some of the well known brands do P&P kits for a few models but deffinately not the fords. I suppose this is because the xcal & the HPTuners setups are able to deal with reflashing pretty easy.

Anyone know of any I didn't see?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

Elite is compatible with everything

Just not supported yet lol

Its a good ECU been looking at it alot lately with a big project but at $3000 then expansion gear it doesn't stack up yet.

Edited by Wombat Bellend

• Member For: 10y 5m 4d

If your cool enough they will make the elite work for you! This is what happened with the ez36 mcm were putting in a liberty.

Amazing bit of kit, granted their is a fair bit more to do with the falcon as its not a standalone engine scenario but surely the falcon and commonwhore have to part of the target market. Other than jap stuff what else is commonly modified in aus...

• Gold Donating Members

You hear about haltech and the recent amounts of threats they have had !

There's been some serious malfunction's lately and big workshops have some very expensive blown engines all leading back to haltech

Wouldnt touch with a pole yet and yes also heard there bending over backwards to make the elite do "anything" u want it to including up to six stages of progressional nitrous if asked for but I feel its a more of a ploy to get workshops back on board

Proven long lasting reputation goes a long way and not just a company that takes something and re names it theirs .....

• Member For: 10y 5m 4d

No I hadn't heard anything about that got any links?

It certainly has an impressive feature list but reliability is a huge concern obviously. Something the factory units have in spades. Thus making it a tough nut to crack given the proven solutions already available with SCT and vcm.

The main attraction for me is proper flex fuel compatibility and a tune that once set up properly just adjusts itself no matter what's in the tank. If the factory ecu's could do that. Wouldn't give 2 farks bout haltech.

Edited by barnz

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 20d

The only reason id want an aftermarket ecu is live tuning, on the fly flex fuel adjustments and a wideband input would be just super...

I am not the biggest fan of haltechs to be honest so it made me chuckle a little when I read that..

Any other info you can divulge us with jetwombatplug?

• Gold Donating Members

No links just in the right circle I suppose but a few big players like GAS motorsport,Maatouks etc etc placed some solid threats around ..... You can work out the rest

A good aftermarket ECU has all of what you guys have listed and more and iam using it with a big project coming up ..... Even has a self learn/tune to start up function

Auto latency for any size injector going u name it, it's got it with a great rep !

Haltech on the other hand has had good units and can't knock em all down but when u weigh up expansion modules, hard wire etc etc it just doesn't stack up especially when ya have direct info on tuners using the equipment first hand

Bloody EMS get a plug before hally lol