Fg Manual Box Oil

Jamie_d

• Member For: 8y 11m 20d

So I've got my 5 litres of penrite 70 75.

what I need to know is why I keep hearing to fill it with just under 5 litres of oil when the specs for the box ask for about 3.8? I have changed it and only got just under 4 litres out so that's what I've put back in. I just don't want a leaky or broken box.

Thanks for any help.

Just to clarify I've been searching the forum and found that it helps the rollover noise but just can't find any info about issues with it being so over full. Including just leaking in general and blowing seal out from heat expansion?

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 8d

Like any good hydraulic system if there over full they will push out the overflow I would imagine. Nearly everyone runs 4.8l with no issues.

Give malwoods a call and he will give the best advise.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 8d

I went from 30k old dex to 70/75 and it improved the noise probably 10%. The shifts are not great when cold(maybe a little worse then dex but not unbearable), but are definitely better when hot and shifting under load. If I was at stock-300kw I recon it would shift super quick.

Trying to push 460kw and a butt load of torque threw it is slowing it down at the moment.

Yeh I can't wait to be putting over 300 through it haha. It does feel better with the new oil. Happy I did it. The original dex was 25000 old so small difference but always happy when things go smooth and actually do what you intended.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 11d

You wont have a limp wrist after owning and working on one of these cars after a while. There like a pretty woman, High maintenance !

• 2 years later...