Maintenance Day Take 4 May 23Rd

Krazy Kyle

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 5m 29d

Scratch the diff oil idea, can do that at home in 15 mins.

Flushing brake fluid and installing braided lines... anyone got the appropriate tools for this? Ive never done a ABS system or a full flush, only on race cars/bikes.

• Member For: 15y 9m 3d

Scratch the diff oil idea, can do that at home in 15 mins.

Flushing brake fluid and installing braided lines... anyone got the appropriate tools for this? Ive never done a ABS system or a full flush, only on race cars/bikes.

Brake fluid flushing is easy to do. I've never had a problem with ABS - I just flush new fluid through.

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/78762-photo-essay-brembo-brake-fluid-flushing

Speed bleeders make it easy to do on your own: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/tutorials/article/16-brake-nipples-speed-bleeders-and-brembo-falcon-standard-brakes/

If you've never replaced the diff breather hose then it's probably broken off at the diff end. Get 40cm of 6.3mm fuel hose to replace it while the back of the car is jacked up.

What I did with my Tornado: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/89684-2006-fpv-tornado-f6-ute-cleanup-resurrection/?p=1520903

I have not been able to find speed bleeders in Australia so I get them from the US via mail order, usually from Amazon.

The standard Falcon calipers and Brembo calipers all take a SB1010S, which is also sold by Russell Industries as 639630. I keep some of these as spares at home. However, it turns out that the rear PBR calipers on the Tornado ute (ie the 328mm disc) use a longer nipple - the SB1010 (sold by Russell Industries as 639560).

The standard Falcon PBR calipers (ie 298mm/322mm front and 303mm rear) all use the same nipple as the Brembo calipers - the SB1010S/Russell Industries 639630.

Edited by PhilMeUp

With the date for this, is there is any chance of it being on a Sunday (eg 24th)?

I'd love to be there. Got various tools and things that might be useful (eg ball joint press for BA & BF).

Gotta drive a taxi Saturday night for 12 hours, so need to sleep Saturday daytime. Bugger.

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 13d

With the date for this, is there is any chance of it being on a Sunday (eg 24th)?

I'd love to be there. Got various tools and things that might be useful (eg ball joint press for BA & BF).

Gotta drive a taxi Saturday night for 12 hours, so need to sleep Saturday daytime. Bugger.

grind 3 no doze into a 473ml red bull and you will be more charged then a interstate truck driver. Lol

Any Irish *beep* wants to touch you up again you will be stronger then the hulk. ;)

This used to be our Bathurst run drink.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

grind 3 no doze into a 473ml red bull and you will be more charged then a interstate truck driver. Lol

Any Irish *beep* wants to touch you up again you will be stronger then the hulk. ;)

This used to be our Bathurst run drink.

Enjoy.

Why would I suddenly want to take less stuff than usual?

:bliss:

• Like 2