Silverwater Automotive

norrs

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 1d

Hi guys. There is a guy from Silverwater automotive (NSW) coming to Darwin next week to do some tuning. I was booked in to a local tuner but now I'm considering cancelling and going with this NSW guy. The Darwin tuner (yes there is pretty much only one) doesn't get much time on our cars. He mainly gets holdens. Unfortunately I can't find many useful and current reviews on here about Silverwater automotive. Has anyone used them ? What's their reputation like.

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d

SAS are also involved with LS tuning. AFAIK they haven't done any big cars in here, they were involved veeeeery early on with BCL's rocket, but that was before he took it to Nizpro.

The problem you'll find with fly in tuners is if anything little goes wrong, you cant just pop in to see them and have a chat and show them/demonstrate whats wrong. You can send down your flash box, and try that.

I totally understand your locale and issues associated with that, but sometimes letting the only local tuner persist with your car is better in the end. At one stage my tuner was 600klms away, and I never got some of my issues sorted properly.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 1d

Yeah I'm booked in this Friday for peckys. He is the only real local tuner. I'll go with him then. I was considering SAS because I heard he had worked with water meth injection and would have gone with him if there were great reviews but there doesn't seem to be. The benefits of the local tuner seem to prevail here.

• 2 months later...