"05" Ba Xr6T Mkii Problem

Vivasanti

• Member For: 12y 7m 2d

Hi guys,

Hope you are all well and enjoying your easter?

Was hoping for some suggestions into a problem im having with my 05 XR6T, I hope this is the correct forum section

Sometimes when starting the car, and then selecting gear, either "R" or "Drive" the car just lurches back and forward and revs funny like its going to stall.

The "orange" engine light on the right hand side of the dash/cluster also lights when its doing this.

There is nothing I can do except put the car back into "Park" turn it completely off and turn it back on and hope it doesnt do it again.

I have tried resetting the ECU by leaving the battery leads off overnight and following the retuning guide, this I thought helped cause it didnt do it after restarting the car a dozen times or so - I was wrong.

I will say I have never had the transmission serviced in the 2 years ive owned it, wether or not its a transmission selection problem of some kind?

Has anyone heard of this problem or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance team :)

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 19d

If the car is tuned, you should have an xcal. I think you can use that to read fault codes from the ecu.

This will tell you what your problem is.

If the car is tuned, you should have an xcal. I think you can use that to read fault codes from the ecu.

This will tell you what your problem is.

Hey mate, no the car is completely stock.

I have borrowed a mates ODB adapter ill use this to see if I can see anything.

Cheers

Hi team just an update..

Pulled the filter surrounding house off and cleaned the throttle body, it was very clean compare to the pictures of others ive seen.

I can detect a slight leak or hissing comming from the manifold, does a manifold leak make much of a noise?

Or is it more likely a vacuum hose, or is this just a normal sound of vacuum?

Some things to note is the car runs fine once warm and idles cold at about 1500 revs but just "shakes" a little.

I hooked a OBD2 to the connection and the computer has no faults or historical faults that I can find.

Below are some videos of the 2 issues, they are hard to see but you might get an idea.

Start problem - throttle warning light, car just jerks around

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56979135/Start%20Problem..mp4

Vacuum/manifold leak?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56979135/Possible%20leak.mp4

Edited by Vivasanti