Buying A New Tv - Any Advice?

NVT

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 11d

Farking rad Tim :) not as good as their top of the line stuff ($250,000 just for the two front speakers!) but if I were to upgrade at some point in the future I'd be looking at the Focal Electra Be serious...by god they sound amazing!

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 28d

Found this for ya Stripe. I was like, hmmm I like that setup ill get it then saw the price. Ill keep looking.

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/focal-electra-1028-be-speaker-system

• Like 1

Haha yeah, not cheap. I still get staff pricing at the shop I used to work at, so would cost me a decent chunk less than that...but still not cheap.

• Expert
  • Donating Members

Today I took the drive up to sydney to a Bose store to check out the Lifestyle 535 system im after.

They had it setup in their sound room more like a booth very small. They put it on and hmmm not what I was expecting.

Sounded tinny and very little bass, very disappointed. Im not paying 5k for that very over priced make it 2.5k and maybe.

NEXT........

Like I said Angel, small system never gonna give you the depth of proper floor standers. Look into Focal Chorus 700 series 5.1 setup or the equivalent Bowers & Wilkins setup. You won't regret it, and it'll last you bloody years!

Edited by .Stripes.
  • Like 2

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 23d

In all reality, your TV is a monitor plugged into a PVR and/or a Foxtel box.

The PVR and pay TV box are your signal receivers.

If you can still buy a non smart TV then you will be saving yourself 4 to 500 dollars.

As far as smart TV's go, nothing "smart" about them.

If you want that sort of functionality it is still superior to plug a network capable TV into a computer, you get full internet interaction in the lounge room.

In my limited experience, NO "smart" TV has full internet functionality (please inform me if I'm wrong) I bought my last TV 18 months ago, 55 inch Samsung plasma (not "smart") for $600.

That TV is plugged into a PVR, Foxtel box, a computer and a Yamaha amp.

imho, you need a few hdmi inputs, probably 3 minimum, and a network plug (RJ-45)

you will need to hook up to a descent sound system as most flat panels are so thin that the speakers are total crap!

• Expert
  • Donating Members

Like I said Angel, small system never gonna give you the depth of proper floor standers. Look into Focal Chorus 700 series 5.1 setup or the equivalent Bowers & Wilkins setup. You won't regret it, and it'll last you bloody years!

I know that now. I had to see/hear first hand what the Bose sounded like as I really wanted on but now ill be looking elsewhere.

Not after smart TV just really good picture