Am I Gunna Get There

• Member For: 9y 10m 26d

Gunna it's really hard giving advice on an engine from a few sh!ty photos and I gotta admit I felt very uncomfortable doing it.

If you feel uncomfortable about the engine and you're on the spot looking at it, then that's your call.

But different mechanics are going to have different opinions;

some may feel they need to cover their arses with any opinion they give you;

some will just rip you off and

some will say she'll be right mate , nothing wrong with it.

A Forum is just a discussion medium and they are great for getting opinions and making you think of things that you may not of thought of but opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.

YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE FINAL CALL.

We can't tell you what to do!

We can only suggest what we would do put in the same situation going on the info you've supplied.

• Like 4

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

I agree completely with you Captain and it is definitely his call.

He will be suffering the consequences, once he makes his decision.

It is also very overwhelming having to read all the conflicting responses as well, as it could be going against his gut feeling.

I have been in situations like that and my gut feeling said one thing and I went with it.

It then turned out that my gut feeling was completely wrong and then the feeling in my gut was painful.

It sounds like both Gunna and myself may have the same personality as I think I know where he is coming from.

I can only make one suggestion to Gunna though. This is what I have learnt from the AFF, FFF and the xr6turbo forum.

Try not to take it tooo serious and relax a bit. As Captain Retard said, it is a discussion medium. Use it to your advantage GHP,as there are a few different options available to you.

Don't get offended with people when they make suggestions. they are trying to help(that is why I love this forum over the others). You never know, you may need their help later on in life.

A few people have learnt how hard it can be to get an engine built or done up. I can see that if I ever have plans later on in life to build one of these engines up, it is going to be a world of pain for me.

I have learnt this from you GHP. Thanks!

I just hope you do not go quiet and leave the forum and not tell us what you decided to do in the end.

I also feel that it will leave a bad taste in your mouth if you return the engine, but if you feel that is the best option, so be it.

We all have to learn from our mistakes. Mine is that I never upgraded my turbo when doing my first stage mods. ;)

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 4m 8d

I'd say without a doubt there is a fark load of fg's about that have rollers that look like that and are making 400+ without an issue.

Its a known problem, we know its sh*t. But doesn't seem to get any worse or lead to any failures....so I dunno spend like 2k on new rockers if u want...genuine is the only option. Or take skids up on his generous offer to donate some. Not sure if b series are identical but your old ones are an option as well.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 2m

have just taken out one piston to have a look . rings look ok ,but the bearings are marked . the guy gave me back $700 ,and now I will just get the engine freshened up . tony bellert does not answer his phone . so are there any good machine shops in Brisbane that I can get the bottom end balanced and honed at . will assemble it my self . might get one of those ring filling tools . trying to find some good second hand rollers

Edited by genuine honest person

• Member For: 10y 2m

to bad to sad ,I just got to move on

new set of bearings and a set of rings are f*ck all ,but I will know it is all ok .machining is going to be f*ck all as well . just want to know where there is a reputable place to take it to . in a perfect world the engine would not have been stuffed after 6000 klm . not even the guy that sold it to me would have known that it was damaged .so the only problem here is that I might be out of pocket a bit . I just want to move on and finish what I have started . please everyone stop with the should have could have as it does not solve my problems ,and do not even start saying that I should have done this a smarter way . look back to the whole comments given on here , I have taken barnz idea as it was the most logical idea at the time .he is also one person I look up to on this forum as he does try his best to help people on here . I opted to use the engine as it now only cost me about $2600 plus freight ,that includes turbo and manifolds exhaust and intake -power steer pump -alternator -ac pump -new pulleys and tensioner - coil packs . now that is not bad at all . ok it should have worked out a lot better but it did not . in the end I will have a engine that is capable of more power than I am looking for if I end up fitting rods and pistons . later on I might even go for 500 rwkw and a glide . this will be a on going project car

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

This engine is/was already cheap and you got money back. Seems like a winner to me. Rebuild this one with some nice parts and some machining and it'll be like brand new.

• Like 1

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 17d

When did u call Tony? I have never had a problem getting through. He is still you best go the get it up to spec.

• Like 1