Bullet Supercharger ?

• Member For: 10y 2m 1d

My boss has a few problems with his supercharger conversion. Bullet at the Gold Coast done the work. We are dropping the car down to them tomorrow. It is getting a larger fuel pump fitted to it and also to rectify the work they have done to the camshaft cover (not sure what it is called correctly). There is a big hole that would let in a lot of dirt and sand when he goes up the beach. There also is a problem with the engine light coming on and staying on. The engine also stalls at idle sometimes. It also has got a intercooler fitted to the car ( water cooled), so what he would also like to know is how he can get better air to the air box without sucking in any more dirt or sand. It is getting all the air from the cut out from the inner guard of the drivers side front wheel. Does anyone know a better way to get air into the air box. It has currently got about 200 kws at all 4 wheels. It does sound nice as it has pacemaker extractors with a 3 1/2 inch system. Also, can you guys suggest what we could do to the cam cover that has been cut. Here are some pictures of the car.

post-77056-0-30605000-1425034664_thumb.j

post-77056-0-46188300-1425034682_thumb.j

post-77056-0-40938200-1425034700_thumb.j

post-77056-0-79314400-1425034716_thumb.j

post-77056-0-60769100-1425034739_thumb.j

• Member For: 10y 4m 9d

2uz lexus 4wd (land cruiser) by the looks of it.

I'd say a snorkel would be avaliable off the shelf. Stalling issue will likely be the tune. NFI about the little bit of timing cover. Did they just forget to put it back on or what?

• Like 1

barnz-the timing cover had to be cut with a grinder so the belt would not hit .when we got there this morning he said they would make a aluminium cover to fit over the hole . they suggested a custom made snorkel to stop the sand entering the air box ,facing the snorkel hole backwards.the of the shelf units are to restrictive and would cause the hp to drop . he would loose some of the power going to a snorkel set up ,but they are going to fit a smaller pulley to the supercharger to gain more kw .they were unable to do this before as the original fuel pump was unable to handle the extra power ,that is why they are fitting 2 new high output fuel pumps to it .then it will go to chip torque for a re tune . . after that he is getting a lift kit and new bilstein shocks fitted to it. it will also get a front bulbar with a winch fitted to it .then I have to make a roof rack for it out of aluminium to suit the roof shape ,all this has to be done before Easter holidays as he is taking his son over to moreton island for a week .he also tows a jet sky behind his car .there are about 5 like minded friends and family going as well

bullet use them for there tune ,lol I said the same thing to my boss . I said to the worker at bullet why did they just not fit a extra pulley to bypass the cover so they do not have to cut it . his reply was, no it does not need another pulley . I like there mx 5 with the same engine as my bosses 4x4 . it must be a fun machine to drive with that sort of power in a little car . there were about 7 customer cars in there getting all kind of work done to them . they use a lot of harrop superchargers and sprintex ones for all sorts of applications .most of there work is 4x4

• 2 weeks later...

we picked up the car last Friday with some of the mods he asked for . apparently the engine detuned it self to only 170 awkw .after the new pumps and smaller blower pulley ,new injectors (larger ) it has now 207 awkw and a sh*t load more nm .the truck now gets out off the hole a lot faster lol awesome to see Late model camira v8 at the light react way to slow .they do catch up but not that fast . ah well the boss is happy . ps they did fix the hole in the cover ,so no more sand or water can entre