Ba Xr6 Turbo Cutting Out @4000Rpm

EFSIX

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

Tuner should be able to sort it or money back if the car wasn't doing it pre tune.

Still reckon it's probably plugs or coils

• I Lead Not Follow...
  • Member For: 11y 11m 8d

Ok so from the start the car was initially over boosting once getting on the throttle or so I thought,so pretty much what its doing now..was talking to a few people and said get the car tuned/cleaned up and all should be well..ok so once put on a scanner with no faults they proceeded to clean all air fuel and so forth,while they were there I thought it wouldnt hurt to tun more boost? They tried running 10-15psi but it kept breaking down heaps til eventually after about 10 passes amd f*ckn around they thought it was all fine to give back to me? I took if for a day was running great til I was getting into it then car died and starting running like crap? Diagnosed the problem amd great no#6 cylinder was down? Wtf 80km motor gone,then these guys are saying its my fault as it didnt happen on the dyno or when tuning so its my fault..I took fault and got anothet engine off my mates car which was running til I pulled it out..put motor in car was ideling fine driving fine hittin about 5psi but still good. Took it back to get some boost into it and make sure everything is fine? Got it back coz apparently everytime they tried pumping boost in the car would break down and do the same thing as the other motor? Got me F#@*? He said it was the cat,they guttered it and so they thought it fixed the problem? 2 days later im here with my head between my legs having the same dramas? Ive paid 1k to get the car tuned and well thought tuned as he is a mate but he has no idea and nobody else he knows does? Im tired of pumping money into it with no results? What are your thoughts?

Edited by EFSIX

• I Lead Not Follow...

Yeah mick apparently it was for both but I couldnt agree more? They thought a tune or whatever was gonna fix the issue?

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

2 engines if I read correctly. Same issue.Fark

Is the ECU is farked. ? decent tuner should

be able to diagnose it.Other than that I got nothing. sorry

• I Lead Not Follow...

Yeah buds two engines and still same problem? Wouldnt the tuner know if the ecu is gone? Wouldn't something at least come up telling him it's faulty? Haha man that makes two of us,well 3 if u include the tuner . lol

• I Lead Not Follow...

Driving normally the car is fine,hits boost if I gradually get on the throttle fine ,idles a little out but I dont think its bad,its only when I get into it and say it kicks down (ba mk2 4spd auto) hits boost then shuts off the throttle and breaks down..

• I Lead Not Follow...

that's my car bro? Umm who posted that story? I'm only on this forum? Unless the tuner did? Lol Mick do you reckon its the hp softwear that cant calabirate with my ecu or something? As these guys tune mostly ls1 but have done a few fords with no issues?

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

many people have a hard time getting around the torque management of the fords and the software they are using does not have complete control of some items that can have an affect on it.

But saying that, there are guys that use it and have no apparent issues