Ba Xr6 Turbo Cutting Out @4000Rpm

EFSIX

• I Lead Not Follow...
  • Member For: 11y 11m 9d

Hi guys,im having trouble with my ba xr6 turbo 4spd auto..

When I drive it and put my foot into it,once it gets to about 4000rpm it pretty much shuts off the throttle and starts running like dog sh#*? If I turn the car off and then back on again it runs fine until I put my foot into it again? Now if I gradually get into the throttle it drives ok but again at a higher rev range ot happens more? Its boosting fine,ive put it on a scanner with no codes shown,plugs are new bkr7e ngk normal ones as was told by tuner? Ohh and another thing once put on a dyno the car runs good on 5psi but the moment we try put aome boost in it its like it breaks down and does the same thing on both road amd dyno tests? Can I be the cat? As there are no codes that indicate it can it be? What are peoples thoughts? Thanks in advance?

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Coils can be inspected for cracks in plastic casing. I don't remember why I changed my coils but if you need to replace one do all 6. Had to do it when my BA reached about 130k I think.

• I Lead Not Follow...

Thanks guys,I wanted to change the coil packs but my tuner is saying its not the coil packs?? I just changed my cat and now its running fine atm but I do get msome occasional break down when getting into it but im thinking gapping the plugs? Does anyone know what gap sizes I should be running with a little boost?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 10d

Plug gap should be about .8 to .9 depending on how much boost you are running.

• I Lead Not Follow...

Ok so its been a week and now the car is doing the same problem again? Its on 10psi but if I ease onto the throttle its fine but the moment I hit it hard it breaks downs,coughs and splutters then wont even hild idle at all but if I turn it of and on the car idles fine? Wtf is this problem? I havnt gapped the plugs yet but that can't be the problem can it? Im loosing patients in this car and just paid to get it tuned with no results,just take my money and give me the same issue?