Fg F6 Mods

m3bas

• Member For: 9y 8m 20d

Couple pics. Amazed at how deeper the exhaust sounds with just a cat, also more intake with higher boost and alu pipes as mentioned. Very happy with gains for the $$.

F61.jpg

F62.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm thinking I'm going to need better tyres and/or wider rear wheels. Traction control lighting up in 3rd gear, drove in the wet the other day which was actually scary in a fun way. What you would do with more rwhp on stock size tyres I don't know.

Its got Federal 595 on there which I thought were a decent tyre, what is everyone else using?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Went in for a bit more work this week- Herrod airbox and 4 inch xforce turbo back. Now making about 385kw at the hubs. Exhaust sounds awesome, no drone at all. To be honest airbox seems a bit of a waste now as can't really hear it.

As for tyres about to put some Michelin Pilot super sports on. Still running the same tyres as the car has done less than 10,000kms in 2 years, they are still average traction even less now obviously and scary in the wet.

• Member For: 7y 10m 10d

Very healthy number there :spoton:

You should be able to sell that herrod intake off and pick up gear required to make your own turboside intake. Might even have change if you try hard enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Massive improvement with the Michelins on the rear, I'm thinking good tyres on the stock rims are as useful as average tyres in 275 for traction. 

This thing goes hard now, can't imagine the 450kw+ range is like to drive!

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 16y 7m 10d

curious as to why you went back for more power?

My F6 factory warranty has just expired, and I've got a venom cat, jonny tig IC and IMS diff hat to install, will get injectors and tune at monsta torque. I was planning on asking for 2 tunes, one for track (bump up the stock power curve, eliminate the mid range torque dip, keep peak power at around 6krpm), thinking around 310rwkw. Second tune will be whatever they can do, I figured with the bolt ons I'd be looking at 350rwkw and thought that would be plenty mental. Were you not happy with that power? I wanna get this right first time...

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d
On 3/20/2015 at 11:21 AM, m3bas said:

So I'm thinking I'm going to need better tyres and/or wider rear wheels. Traction control lighting up in 3rd gear, drove in the wet the other day which was actually scary in a fun way. What you would do with more rwhp on stock size tyres I don't know.

Its got Federal 595 on there which I thought were a decent tyre, what is everyone else using?

I got the federal on the rear of the commodore.   The reason you are spinning is they are crap tyres.  And don't even try driving in the rain.  Bloody dangerous. 

Edited by arronm

Didn't really need anymore power- didn't use what it had anyway. I just wanted it too sound a bit better, hence exhaust and intake.

Exhaust sounds great, intake a bit of a waste in hindsight but too late to worry about swapping that back.