Intro Post 2009 G6E Turbo

Skody

• Member For: 9y 2m 12d

Just bought a 2009 G6E turbo after being stunned by my mates car he has been tinkering around with.

It's Ego (why does this colour get bagged?) fitted with factory 19" and 35% tints, I'm going to keep the exterior completely stock (for a change) I just had a White territory Ghia nicked from outside my house so it's staying stock on the outside anyway.

I'm off over to OZ next week (from NZ) for work and are about to purchase a few parts to bring back and start by build.

starting off with PW stage 1 IC kit, ID1000 injectors, Herrod hi flow fuel pump module. Will mod factory air box and cat will be removed (legal here in NZ)

Tune will be done by guys at Torque Performance here in Auckland.

Really looking forward to getting this process underway and want to congratulate everyone on an awesome forum, it's been a huge help.

I've fired a few email inquirers out to various suppliers around OZ to try and source all the bits from one place and have them delivered to Melbourne for am to bring back. If anyone can recommend a company please let me know as I'd like to push the button on these parts in the next few days.

Cheers Jody

• Member For: 10y 6m 8d

Good purchase! I have the same car, had it on the dyno at Torque for a BMW club day. You're doing the mods I want to do, look forward to the results.

What sort of kw are you chasing?

350-370 is a target, I'm going to add a turbo along with some crow valve springs to the shopping list in the morning and I'm swaying towards a gtx3576 over the gtx3582, I've gone thru a a ton of posts on the pros and cons of both and the addiction of wanting more and more may win out in the end but if I can get to 350ish rwkw I'll be happy for now I guess, can always bolt up the bigger brother at a latter date.I just want a daily that's not goin to blow bits to smitherines but still be a rocket round town.

Who knows, might have an almost new 35/76r for sale soon ;-)

• Member For: 10y 4m 26d

I suggest ditching the factory heat exchanger for the transmission. Should this fail say good bye to at least $4k to replace the box.

Replace it with the PWR unit or a good Oil to Air. :)

I suggest ditching the factory heat exchanger for the transmission. Should this fail say good bye to at least $4k to replace the box.

Replace it with the PWR unit or a good Oil to Air. :)

Yeah mate, added that to the shopping list for OZ visit, I changed my mind about 20 x in a couple of days regarding the turbo to go for. Parts supplier in OZ said the 82R and that it is the most popular and with the most potential over the 76R but finally decided on the smaller. I'll be going from stock with no tune to tuned 76R with these other pieces so should feel a heap different.

- PW stage 1 cooler (no cutting was deciding factor, want to keep dead stock look)

- GTX3576R (beast down low)

- port and flapper mod

- turbosmart 12" actuator

- ID1000

- Hi flow fuel pump module

- PWR trans cooler bolt in replacement for stock.

Just got to come up with explanation for the missus why there are all these feckin car parts in our hotel room when we get to Melbourne.

Oh well, she'll get over it.

Cheers

Well got all my goodies back to NZ safe and sound and will start assembly shortly,

I'm going to fit everything up other than the ID1000's as I've read that it won't even start if I put em in. I'll then get the cat chopped out and head to the tuners. Because I'm fitting the GTX76r and 12lb actuator would you recommend a larger flapper as well as a port job or is just a larger port job sufficient?? I'll chuck the same question up in the turbo section too.

Cheers,