Cms Fg Xr6T

LU82

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 4d

I think 10.7 is the cut off , see how I go in the next couple of months.

Yeah should go quicker , on the 10.8 run it stepped out in first and spun a bit into second . That was my last pass of the night in the right lane

It was ment to be a joke lol , if I can't get it to hook up I will try 4th. It's goes against what they recommend but it seemed to work for you the other night

• Member For: 10y 10m 27d

Lol. Can't translate text sarcasm lol

But yeah my car has always loved big skids for hooking up.

Atleast the first burnout should be massive. After that not as bad. I was just getting excited lol

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

Congrats on the fast run LU82....good luck in cracking the top 50! ;)

Pretty noob/random question....3rd gear burnout how fast are the tyres spinning? 150kmh+?

Do you start in 2nd, then rev to 5k then into 3rd and then 4th? How early are you shifting to keep the burnout going?

• Like 1

Thanks mate .

I think 3rd is good for around 170kmh so yes I think the tyres are probably doing around 150kmh in the burnout depending on what revs you're holding it at.

I start in 1st (obviously turn the traction off) left foot on the brake , shift to 2nd at around 4500rpm then shift from 2nd to 3rd around 5000rpm . Once I'm in 3rd I usually keep the revs around 5000rpm then ease off the brake and as I feel it starting to grip I back off and flick it over to drive.

If you want to keep the burnout going just ride the brake . If you're keen shift to fourth and if you really want to break something try 5th lol

Obviously the more power you're making the easier it is to pull a higher gear .

Edited by LU82
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

Clearly I'm doing something wrong LOL....Sometimes when I shift into 2nd, the revs drop down too much and the car just bogs out and the spinning stops :P think I must be using too much brake or something. I'll figure it out one day bahaha

Another random question....you know that black piece of plastic just below the P/S lid (you have it vertical instead of horizontal)....why would you not just throw it away? Does it actually do anything? (some pics I've seen people chop it in half so it clears piping, then others have just removed it completely?).

At the track you roll through water first so it makes it easier to start the burnout .

I think it's to divert the fluid if the powersteering overflows . I probably should take it off as its not really pointing in the right direction.