Engine Re Build

genuine  honest  person

• Member For: 9y 11m 17d

I can't ever recall reading about anyone breaking a T56.

Obviously they're not indestructible.

But compared with the amount of broken autos I've read about, I think you should be Ok.

I've read about plenty of clutch issues but you seem to have that covered with a decent clutch.

Anybody broken a T56?

And if so what what let go?

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 2m 22d

spoke to luke 182 again yesterday ,he loves the manual . but he said that it will brake parts that a auto will not .also it will run slower times .so what if it is slower at the drags ,at powerplay events it is rolling starts . he said it is a simple change over from a auto to manual . also had a talk to forced performance ,he will send me a e mail with all the up grades I will need for him to tune it for 450 rwkw . now that solved me a lot off headaches lol

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 28d

I have 450rwkw with manual and short shifter. Have not had any problems with the box but my stock clutch has slipped a few times and only has 25k kms on it.

Definitely get a short shifter, changes it from feeling like a truck to almost honda like.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 6m 20d

From my personal experience with building my car I put a tough manual with a huge clutch in it and will be pulling it all out and selling it in a year or two time after I go to racewars as the autos are so much more fun for powercruise style events usually they are to crammed up to be able do a big clutch kick drift around the track so just Easyer to put an auto and do brake boosters powerskids down the main straight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 29d

Powercruise is good for auto and manual. You will chop more people and do sick powerskids with the auto but nothing beats the feeling of clutch kick 3rd through the corner then grab 4th on the way out.

And how are you running 450 on a stock clutch? My 460 fry's an extreme button just rolling on in 4th.

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

We put 400 through a stock 80thou fg clutch and its still going 10,000kms later but its how you treat it

Horses for courses

Captin bellend needs to answer if he's going for a 1/4 mile car or a "fun" car

This then leads to the simple conclusion of auto or manual

Edited by Butt Plug
  • Like 1

• REST IN PEACE V8
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 29d

touch wood 1000rwhp through a t56 no drams yet maybe clutch issues but that's a different story

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 2m 22d

the ute will only be a fun car for the weekend cruising around ,and to take to the track when ever I can . to the drags and powercruise events . not going to take it to hill climbs or circuit racing .

DTM automatic said to me that they can build me a box for $4200 delivered to my door . that would include a Dominator stall converter rated to 2100-2400 rpm (thought that was a bit low ) it would also come with a new car radiator with a stainless steel heat exchanger inside that do not rust out and cause the water to entre the automatic. he said the box will last with that sort of power as long as I am no dick head and do powerskid after powerskid ,he said it will not handle this to well as the box has to cool down to operating temps . they did say that it is ok to drag race the thing but just not to boost it up to 16 psi at the lights with the brake on . it would snap a shaft inside the box that is the weakest part of the BTR ,however it is easily replaced if it does snap as it does no other damage to the box itself . he mention that there car is running a low nine with the same box with a trans brake and they have snapped the same shaft only once (and that is in two years of racing it 470 rwkw) after all that the clutches and bands are still as good as new

I also explained that I was thinking of fitting a 6 speed manual into it ,there reply was even they brake input shafts .they also believe a manual brakes other stuff that a auto will not

Edited by gunna