Modifying Standard Swirl Pot

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 16d

The eBay bigger swirl pot and walbro had a smaller venturi than the stock item!!! Pull the black or white attachment out of the bottom (takes some force) and drill it out to 4mm or so. That will held with the return flow but not the feed flow.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • in the mid....not the bum like some
  • Member For: 11y

A good trick like above for guys wanting to lower surge tank/base pressure is to switch the lines around inside the factory swirl-pot with new 3/8 flexy items.

OEM setup has the feed on the 3/8 nipple and the return on the 5/16 nipple....simply get some new 3/8 plastic flexy lines(I use E85 ones) and they can be easily fitted in place of the old removed 5/16 stock plastic flexy lines.

One can go a step further and remove the plastic lines off the quick connect fittings and replace with 3/8 and 5/16 Gates Barricade E85/Bio-Fuel hose from REPCO this allows one to adapt to braid also if wanting a true -6 or close to full flow AN8 return back into factory swirl-pot.

Feed to surge from the stock pump now is smaller than the return but more than ample to keep up :)

I'm not recommending it for a single in-tank setup as I have not tested it yet.

The other option is to drill and fit a bulkhead but I found this option easy and a job most can carry out.

• Like 2