Fg Mk11 Xr6 T,cms Tuned-In The Club

al10s

• Member For: 10y 11m 27d

I left at 2200rpm on the 10.9 run,I did try a 2400rpm launch and because I didn't do a big enough burnout.it just smoked the et radials.So if I can get my burnout right and a nice launch around 2400rpm,that will be optimum for my car.The zf,will need to be built at some stage.But as its not a daily drive and I try and drive it with some mechanical sympathy I hope she last s a few more months.Are you going to get yours out again for a run Hamish?

• Member For: 11y 5m 12d

yeah I want to take it out soon to take advantage of the cooler weather. At the moment it's got an exhaust leak and I have the wrong type of drag tyres so I cant use them without front runners. As soon as I sell them and buy the usual et street radials, I'll go out

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My car has just clicked 10,000kms since Joe at Cms Sydney tuned my car. I took it down the snow on the weekend on the 98ron tune,with a car load of gear and some spirited driving. The big taxi returned a 9.4lts per 100km average, and did not miss a beat.Latest mods KPM billet e85 fuel filter and 20x8.5 and 20x10 Lenso d1rs.Ive serviced the car at 5,000kms intervals with Bradd Penn semi syth oil 10/40w and genuine ford oil filters.The only issue ive had has been a code refering to a slow reading 02 sensor,the one in the dump pipe. I went to Ford to get a price $292, so I got one at the local ford wreckers of a xr6t that had done 15,000kms for $30.And the code has disappeared.Im not sure on the 20'' wheels,if I can get the ride height right they may stay. Cant wait to get the box done and turn it up a little more. Again big thanks to Joe and his team at Cms,for the tune and all the advice.

post-62556-0-90453900-1439773975_thumb.j

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Couple of small updates,I changed rocker cover/cam cover to one I got some -12 fittings welded on. Has dash -12 hose down to a catch can mounted down on chasis rail.All painted black and hidden away to the untrained eye.
I was also keen to go back to CMS and had another pound or 2 of boost on the e85 tune,to take it up around 20psi.I booked it in with Joe and we threw it on the roller's with my new 20'' lenso's on.Joe noticed the change of wheels and said it would effect the dyno figures.Anyways on the factory 19s previously it spun up 441rwks@18psi, with the 20'' wheels it spun up 414rwkws. I was a little surprised but Joe assured me this was not unusual going to a bigger wheel setup.After Joe added 1.5psi of boost on the 20'' wheels making it around 19.5psi the car finished with 430rwkws.
Happy with this about a week later I noticed Ozywalker had his process west stage 3 cooler for sale, I had always kicked myself I went plaz stage 3 not pw stage 3. So I bought the pw stage 3 and replaced the plaz for the pw stage 3.And sold the plaz stage 3 off.I brought the car back to CMS just to check the tune,with the pw stage 3 Joe had to take around 10% boost out as the pw stage 3 was so much more efficient. I was a little sceptical as I didn't want to reduced boost.Luckily Joe did and she still made 21psi off boost,after a little more fiddling joe brought it down with a peak of just on 20psi tapering to a flat 19psi,and spun up 458.6 kws at the wheels again on the larger 20'' wheels.
Very impressed with the process west stage 3 cooler,much more efficient than the plaz stage 3 cooler I had previously.And as usual,a big thanks to Joe and the Cms team,the car is very impressive now.

post-62556-0-89495600-1443491190_thumb.j

post-62556-0-66566900-1443491226_thumb.j

post-62556-0-31822100-1443491606_thumb.j

Edited by al10s
  • Like 9

• 1 year later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 6d

@al10s 

hey mate I noticed this on carsales and your thread in the classifieds hunting for a new car

Guessing the auto is starting to make a fuss on that amount of grunt?

Hey mate, I sold the car a little while back to an older Ford enthusiast. He tracked, and did some drags including 10sec passes. He has just sold it due to health reasons. He said the box was holding up perfectly. Would be a good buy. He spent money on brake upgrade and some suspension work.  I've just come back to the Ford camp after driving diesel Navara for a year. Missed the Barra rush. I got an f6 this time. Back to see Joe at cms.