Heated Seats - Melbourne

ronburgundy

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 16d

See if anyone in your state can install heating pads into your seats. Get a quote.

Thanks Captain Obvious!

What I was hoping, was that someone has already done this to their own car and can say "talk to the guys at XYZ, they did a good job on mine"

So that instead of trying 8 different places, I can try 1 or 2

Isn't that the point of forums of likeminded people like this (other than talking about cars and booby pictures of course)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 25d

You're welcome OP...this is the excellent advice you'll come to find over at fordxr6turbo forums :) We're here to help! ;)

In all honesty...give it another few days and maybe someone whos done it will speak up? But seems like you may need to be the guinea pig here and update your own thread once you find a good place :P that can happen sometimes unfortunately

Also.... I'm Ron Burgundy?

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Step 1. Remove the heat shield (if you have it there still) from on top of your catalytic converter.

Step 2. Replace catalytic converter with 5 inch 100cpsi high flow model.

Step 3. Replace turbo with bigger one.

Step 4. Run external gate plumbed back just before cat.

Step 5. Profit??? nah, too many steps already... can't go back...

Step 6. Run really high boost levels

Step 7. Plant the foot as soon as water temp comes up

Step 8. Voila! you're done - heated drivers seat...

Bit harder to sort out the passenger side... maybe do this whole process above with a v8 ;) two banks of exhausts :)

In all seriousness, a quick google came back with this result ->

http://www.alphalineauto.com.au

Edited by k31th

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members

Thanks mate - I had no idea I'd be able to use Google to find stuff! ;)

I found Alphaline too - I wasn't about to list EVERY hit I found, but I work in the city so the South Melbourne place would make some sense for me hence why I named it.

Was just hoping someone may have used Alphaline and been able to give a testimonial of sorts

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

It doesn't seem to be a popular mod, hence the lack of testimonials. Couldn't find a thread where somebody had fitted them aftermarket into a falcon, anywhere on any of the forums that I'm a member of.

I also only brought up that website link specifically because their photo's and website are quite professionally done (read: expensive). I'd say they'd do a great job, but might be expensive (you said in the first post you didn't mind paying for a good job).

Probably best to call around to the places and see which one takes your fancy with regard to a quote and how they treat you as a prospective customer. Much the same as selecting a tuner :)

• Like 1

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members

It doesn't seem to be a popular mod, hence the lack of testimonials. Couldn't find a thread where somebody had fitted them aftermarket into a falcon, anywhere on any of the forums that I'm a member of.

I also only brought up that website link specifically because their photo's and website are quite professionally done (read: expensive). I'd say they'd do a great job, but might be expensive (you said in the first post you didn't mind paying for a good job).

Probably best to call around to the places and see which one takes your fancy with regard to a quote and how they treat you as a prospective customer. Much the same as selecting a tuner :)

Yep it's looking that way (uncommon mod)!

Looks like I'm going to have to be the guinea pig. I'll be sure to report back!

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

I want cooled seats. I like to drive with windows down in summer but the wind can't reach my back :/

• Like 1