Just About To Order Mine....

puffnstuff

• Member For: 21y 4m 28d

Thanks for the reply. Its like the local dealers (starts with a J and ends in vis!!) are not really interested in selling me a car. I'm sure if it had been an XT they would have been all over me. I expressed genuine interest in the Turbo but do you think they chased me down. Not on yours. Still I'll persist and get them to take my order come hell or high water.

Hi to the Forum :D

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d

I can sympathise with you. The demand is high and there's lots of tyre kickers out and about. Show em some cash and watch their attitude change.

Good luck. Don't forget to keep us in the loop on your progress and finally with some pics when she arrives.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 17d
I can sympathise as well - one of the car dealers gave me exactly the same response. At least there's more than one dealer on the Coast!

I cant believe that. Why would they try harder to push something which is cheaper? I would have thought they would have been in heaven when someone wanted a more expensive car. :unsure:

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

You'd think so too - this is the supposed premium dealer on the Gold Coast who handled the T-Series Falcons. I've found their salesman to be very indifferent - maybe it's the age...

I might rock up in the 200SX then - they might think I'm trading it in so that should get their attention!

• Member For: 21y 4m 28d

I'm panting.... just had a call from the local ford dealer. a vic reg XR6-T is doing the dealer rounds in adelaide today. think I was round there like a shot!! To right...

Beautiful. acid rush manual turbo. took some photos. Even more impressed after the drive. Spent about 20 minutes around local main roads and people were straining to see what the hell it was. Can anyone say the word 'Grin'. ?

Had to behave, but she pulls really hard. The push is relentless. Seriously impressed. I've ordered the auto and I think I've made the right choice. I owned a tweaked 302 XB coupe many years ago and she had serious urge. The turbo feels similar but much much smoother and more constant.

Dealer has placed my order and he said early Feb. Arrgggg!!