Anyone Used One Of These? Billet Tailshaft Coupling

xpl0sive

• Member For: 15y 2m 7d

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has used one of these billet aluminium tailshaft couplings in place of the factory rubber donut bush. Mine has cracked in several places and needs to be replaced. Just wondering if this would be a better option, or if I should just stick to the genuine rubber donut bush. Tried to research it but can't seem to find much feedback on it. Can be found here:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Drive-Coupler-BILLET-ALLOY-POLY-Tailshaft-Donut-Ford-Falcon-BF2-FG-XR6-TURBO-ALL-/301500216406?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4632d03456

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 8m 27d

Have not come across these yet.

I asked a cv guy I know pretty well that did my shaft about broken centers. Standard falc has a 30mm, high output models have a 35mm. I asked about sleaving something up to use a 40mm when this one fails. His response "for the f*cking about, benifit & cost compared to a std 35, wouldn't be bothered"

Yeah, what Wilko said. Just trying to get some feedback on it. Looks like a good unit, just wondering if it's worth it or should I just stick to the standard rubber bush.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 7d

I'm also keen to know, surely somebody has bought one...

Then again, maybe some people piss the rubber off completely once they build a wild custom shaft

Any feedback willo88? I'm keen to get one of these ASAP as I have my car up on the hoist at the moment doing a complete bush replacement with Superpro, wanted to do this at the same time whilst I had the car up there.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

Is there any banging/shunting in the driveline due to lack of "give" with billet over rubber? This is what I'd be most interested in knowing especially if it's a daily/family car and also where is the weak point then once these are fitted?