Knocking/popping Drivers Footwell

jack93

• Member For: 11y 9d

After picking up my FG MKII GT on Friday, I've started to notice a slight popping/knocking sound when cruising at low revs/coming to a halt, not the good kind of exhaust pop but more unnerving being able to feel it when my feet are off the pedals/cruise control is engaged. Might possibly be coming through the firewall but I doubt it - feels more directly under the pedals, had a quick glimpse under the car (haven't had much time after working all weekend) and only noticed the cat in the general area.

Is this normal? Should I be worried about something major etc? Car is under stat warranty and should easily be able to get the dealer to fix something (even after I made them fit it with new brakes, tyres and fix a few small things pre delivery like wiper jets, window switches etc.) Just hoping the biggest purchase of my life so far isn't a lemon. Still amazed and scared by the power this thing has coming from a 6T and how economical it can be if you treat it well...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 2d

I might be grasping at straws, check the inner plastic guards as well, little plastic clip could have broke, therefore the plastic wheel arch guard is flapping!