Which Bushes Should I Replace First?

ERICtheBERIC

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 2d

You should do all of them. Every single one.

We Supply and Recommend the Super Pro brand however anything is going to be better than the original ones in there .

Does anyone know if Superpro sell a kit for the fords replacing pretty much everything either front or rear? Could just take said kit to mechanic or whoever and get them to do the lot, or it it a matter of tracking down every single bush individually? I for one would be much happier for a kit.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 10d
  • Member For: 10y 2m 26d

my ba ute all bushes including shock ones as well were only about $500 (mixture of nolathane and super pro )rear leafs are nolathane and the rest is the super pro ones . made the car feel like a go cart afterwards .hated it for a long time ,got used to the harsh ride now . would not go down that road again ,just would use standard replacement bushes .

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 2d

Someone said the thing to do is Superpro/nolathane the front and go std rear.. Keeps the front tight and the rear less clunky/harsh etc... But replacing the diff bush every X amount of kms adds up..

Any fix for the rear yet? Heard a lot of things like superpro the outer bushes and keep the diff bush std and it lasts longer etc..? But dunno, last time I did mine I went STD all 3..

• Member For: 10y 4m 17d

I daily my car with nolathane bushes all round, super low rear springs, bilsteins, and 19s and never had any issues or complaints about it. In fact the same setup but with the original bushes on normal day to do day driving the car felt worse as it was always bouncing and felt like it had worn shocks / poor shock control. The only time I feel anything id consider harsh is over something like a level crossing or a huge bump in the middle of a corner but its far more controlled than it was with the original bushes. The bushes are hands down a better modification handling wise than the bilstens and king springs alone with the original bushes. The only bushes we left were the bottom shock bushes as I felt they would really introduce a lot of harshness for a small benefit.

For me if you I could only afford a few, id go for the control blade bush on the rear trailing arms and a few of the control arms as they werent expensive bushes (trailing arms were though)... and absolutely diff bushes or you could do away with diff bush replacements for ever and solid mount the diff like we did :)

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

As above, I've often read not to change the lower shock mount bush to anything other than normal rubber to avoid the NVH increase.