Turbosmart Iwg75 & Over Boosting

Serangan

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

What? I've seen heaps of 7-12 psi tunes where it flows clean through to the rev limiter... What's wrong with not recommending a port job if the boost is already controllable? 

• Member For: 9y 4m 6d

All replys with suggestions are all taken in. If I can get boost to max out at 7psi I'll be happy. Will try the 5psi Spring that came with the iwg75. Will back the preload off a tad. If still over posts I'll go the ported housing. Trying not to have this become a money pit. The damn big exhaust system has proven to be a headache. Up side is it sounds great.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 1d

The issue with reducing preload to prevent overboost on a stock port size is reduced response and high rpm blow out. Ideally you want the wastegate closed as long as possible to maximise the drive pressure on the turbine (for response) and then you need the port to flow enough in the midrange to prevent overboost, but still enough control (from a decent spring rate) to prevent the gate blowing open up top.

If you have any post or pre turbo aiflow mods and want to use your TS IWG you'll at minimum need to get the tune adjusted to suit and potentailly you will need the port job.

FWIW I really like they TS actuators. They need slightly different approach to set up and tune than a stock garett unit but IMHO the higher mass of the internals helps improve spool up and give a smoother curve (assuming mech conditions are correct to support this)

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

What is incorrect about my information? I'm also interested to know how many of these cars you've setup and tuned with a ts iwg especially a b series car with a stock wastegate. 

Im also interested to know how simply adjust preload will help with a car that overboosts at peak ve then drops off up top? 

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

There's a fu3king big difference between doing it, tuning it and then having a guess

you meet the later in most of your technical posts just like last time I pointed out how wrong you were, remember on Friday then you pissed off for the weekend 

:whistle:

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
3 minutes ago, mightbuyaford said:

you guys get so upset when someone else comments that doesnt conform to your way. Just like when keith commented you let loose because you COULD be wrong.. I didnt say it wasnt 100% wrong I said I dont completely agree

carry on... :/

Who's upset? I just asked a couple of questions and asked how you would deal with a particular scenario to better understand your knowledge and experience level?