X-Force 4'' Turbo Back

al10s

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 24d

Chris from Best Mufflers has posted up what mods need to be done to cat back section to hang right.

Is 3.5" but might help some out with hangers etc.

Link below.https://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/Custom_Exhaust_Systems/Ford_Falcon_FG_G6E_XR6_Turbo_Xforce_Exhaust_System_Install.htm

Lol that's my car.

After talking to him about a couple of different exhausts he recommended the 3.5 inch stainless cat back (not the polished version) and paint it black. The car already had an advance headers 4 inch dump and cat.

I try and keep the car looking as standard as possible on the outside that's why I kept the standard tip

Car is going in next Tuesday to get tuned , I'm hoping for around 450kw.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 11d

Nice.

I just purchased a Advance 4" SS dump which is ceramic coated.

Looking for catback now.

I take your taking it easy as not tuned.

What's it sound like off boost, and are you happy so far?

• Member For: 11y 2m 24d

I've driven about 200km since having it fitted . It's not too loud while cruising around off boost , it has a nice deep note. I have put sound deadener from the back seat to the boot , it hasn't made a massive difference but I think it's worth doing as it has reduced road noise as well .

I think if you're really fussy and want to keep the car quiet you can't go past the standard cat back. My car ran

11.2 with the standard cat back and turbo .

Chris said that it should perform better if he changed the twin section into a single and redone the section where it goes over near the diff .

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Member For: 11y 11d

I was told by PitLane that they got the oxy to heat and bash an area on my car to get the Nizpoo to sit right so just having to bash something is a win I reckon

Edited by BenDoCo
  • Like 3

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 22d

Yeah Don, my rear muffler had the lip folded over so when it gets hot it doesn't hit the tow bar.

I'm not sure if you've ever paid attention, but if you have a look at where the rear muffler sits when it's cold, then when it's hot, real hot, just after doing a few pulls, it sits an extra 1.5" to the rear. The whole exhaust expands that much being stainless.

Also mine starting hitting again when it got hot on the weekend. I almost lost it when I heard it!