New Xr6T Forum Sticker

xr6tman

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

If they end up skinny (12mm high text like is needed for a 275mm (or 280) sticker, then you could fit about 10 stickers on a single A4 sheet of paper size. So they SHOULD be cheap to produce, one would imagine.

• Member For: 9y 9m 28d

Looked into postage costs for myself etc last night

Stamps - $1.40

Envelope - $1~

Paper board - $1 (to protect the sticker in the envelope

About $3.40 to post each one, I'm paying $3 per sticker.

I'm having 100 printed

I'll be out of pocket $300 for the stickers and roughly $102 for postage stuffs (to send off 30, hopefully, in the immediate future)

What I'm thinking, to have the best crack at recouping costs is sell these at $10 each, $5 for each additional. (incl postage)

Obviously if I sell 100 of them I'm going to have a profit, mind you each sticker is taking 5 minutes of my time to pick out the stencil and package it.

Happy to give back to the forum via donation by the end of it when I'm in the green.

Any objections?

Edited by xr6tman
  • Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

Sounds like a generous plan, mate. Definitely no objections to this.

Are we considering different sizes? or just going for small side-window ones for the moment?

EDIT: also are we considering different colours? or just white/black?

Edited by k31th

Sounds like a generous plan, mate. Definitely no objections to this.

Are we considering different sizes? or just going for small side-window ones for the moment?

EDIT: also are we considering different colours? or just white/black?

I'm basing this on the small side window size ones in white for the moment, sorry I know there were a few colour requests but at the moment it's going to be a bit of a challenge

Is there anyone that wanted something bigger? At first I thought it would be too small but I think it will be perfect, neat & subtle.

And if we're all putting it in the same spot we all know where to look when we see a tooned ford on the road :)

I

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

They're the type that I want... small side window sized (280mm (-maybe 275mm to be safe??) x 12mm), so I'm satisfied with the ones you're printing...

I guess we'd have to ask the others what they want? if they want a whole windscreen sized one, it'd be anywhere up to a metre wide (say 1050mm x 40mm at maximum, I just measured it) but 600mm x 24mm would be perfectly acceptable for a "big" sticker.

People did have colour preferences on the previous page... did you want to hold off getting 100 of them until we confirm that white is what everybody wants in the "first run" ?

• Like 1

Yeah I will wait on the few that expressed interest on colour, I'm hoping to make the call and get them printed this arvo at roughly 2pm (Perth time)

I reckon the majority of the 100 will go over a period of time, if I'm stuck with leftovers I will just bring them to cruises we do here and dish them out, and put them under wipers in carparks :wavey:

It's about time we strengthened the community

• Like 2

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 23d

I'm basing this on the small side window size ones in white for the moment, sorry I know there were a few colour requests but at the moment it's going to be a bit of a challenge

Is there anyone that wanted something bigger? At first I thought it would be too small but I think it will be perfect, neat & subtle.

And if we're all putting it in the same spot we all know where to look when we see a tooned ford on the road :)

I

I agree wit what has been said above.

I wouldn't mind having someone putting up a pic of one on the side window and then another pic of someone with it on their rear windscreen(of a sedan) for example.

That way I know which one I want to get.

I am actually tempted to get one for the side window for the sedan.

Also could we pickup instead, to save on postage?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

if you want it to be 2800mm wide, then yes, it would be 120mm tall (high)... but if you only want it to be 280mm wide, then 12mm tall is what the text matches up to be in terms of aspect ratio when in the native font style (not stretched vertically or horizontally).